Trail-Lite Travel Trailer

Old Forum Post

[Dan] We looked at Trail-Lite and thought some things were kind of cheaply made,but you have to give up something to get the weight reduction.If weight is of great importance to you I think Trail-Lite is better than others I have seen(Flagstaff,Dutchman,Mallard,Aerolite)but costs more.We setteled on a smaller unit with conventional wood framing and aluminum as they seem to have the best track record.

Old Forum Post

[Bill] Had one they don&#039t hold there value. You have a hard time sleeping in the rain . Had a lot go wrong with it the first year. its cheap. I traded this year for a jayco. Would check it out before you buy.

Old Forum Post

[Roxi] Bill - I am wondering what all was wrong with the trailer? I have read in your previous posts that you had a hard time sleeping when it rained outside and that you had a hard time towing it during your 6-7 months of owning it. I don&#039t think those experiences would make it fair to call any trailer cheap.

Old Forum Post

[Bill] The radio quit working. Handle came off the canupy. water pump froze up and to many little things to mention. I have had a bad experence with this unit and the factory was no help so I think that gives me the right to say its a cheap unit.

Old Forum Post

[GaryG] Ilooked extensively at Trail Lites and Aerolites. There are both not high end trailers but are good quality and have many satified custumers. I ended up ordering a new Aerolite 830FK, over the similiar Trail Lite model. I am weary of the enclosed undercarriage of the Trail Lite, hard to work on and a possible moisture barrier, plus you can&#039t see the frame (which isn&#039t powder coated under the enclosure) The Galvanized steel frame of the Aerolite is what sold me. It is the only TT built on a galvanied frame. I was caught in rainstorm while shopping and the sound did&#039t bother me. If you haven&#039t seen them yet you should look at the Aerolites.