trailer or dolly which ones better

darrmann

was wondering if anyone knew if there are any benefits for the tt towing a trailer as opposed to dollys.I have a dodge dakota im hoping to tow back safely from mi. to nv. with my jayco tt

TexasClodhopper

Re: trailer or dolly which ones better

Welcome to the forum, Darryl.

Don't forget to use the 'Search' function above. There are lots of posts comparing dollys to trailers to towing all four wheels on the ground.

darrmann

thx I looked thru all the questions and none really asked it in this way or gave me a good answer thx.

brodavid

welcome to the forum,
about as many opinions as their are people
good luck in making your choice

C Nash

Gues I'm having a problem understandind your post. Are you planning on towing behind a travel trailer? If this is the case I don't think dolly or 4 down is safe. TT are not rated for this IMO. But if it's a Class C and I guess maybe it is since you posted under the class c forum. The TT throws me off. Either way should work if it's the Class C and the dolly might be the cheaper way to go. I prefer the 4 down but don't know if the Dekota can be towed 4 down.

Shadow

The way I read it, is the poster wants to tow a truck behind his travel trailer. But I'm confused as to why he posted in the class c section. Must be a class c jayco.

H2H1

Hey Butch he called it a TT, so that would take the Class C out of the picture. I know that is the area where he posted, so maybe he will come back and explain it better. I hope you are feeling better :laugh: :laugh:

C Nash

Is Shadow ailing :( Now I done went and got off the original posters :question: Still waitint to see if he is trying to tow the truck behind his trailer :) Thought sure DL would come on here and say he was using the Dodge to help push the TT that he was towing with a Ford :eek: :laugh:

Shorty

Huh?
but if you push with a...then tow, how can you, wait...I'm so corn-fused...can we go sideways too?

Shadow

Looks like Chelse had the base's covered in both case's. ;) Sent you a PM Chelse...

darrmann

yes sorry maybe i said it wrong. I have a 83 jayco 25'. and im wanting to tow my dodge dakota. I did it with a car hauler but the car hauler is pretty heavy. wonderfing if the dolly would lighten it up to make an easier pull.

H2H1

OK let get this straighten out.. Do you have a Class A, or Class C, or Class B RV? All of these are the one you drive. OR do you tow the Jayco TT behind a truck? If you tow this TT as Nash has stated it is not design to tow another vehicle. And in some states it might illegal to tow all in a row. However if it is a Class A.C.or B then you can tow the Dakota behind it. But you should check the owner manual a to see if it can be towed all wheels down. If it is a standard drive it might be possible however if it is a automatic, that may be a problem on both . Just adding my 2 cents :laugh: