Tranny will not shift

farwest

I need help

I have a 93 Monaco Dynasty 36 footer with the Cummins 8.3, Banks stinger package and the MD3060 with 85,000 miles. Well recently the transmission will not shift from neutral to drive. I select "D" to go from neutral to drive and the push button shifter gives a constant beep and flashes "D" on the left & "N" on the right when it should read"1" for first gear. The same goes for shifting into reverse. It reads "R" on the right & "N" on the left. The transmission will just sit in neutral!

This situation is not constant. The RV when cold will start and shift normally, but will begin its "NO SHIFT PATTERN" soon there after. I recently learned by starting the engine and selecting a gear at the same time ( I know this cannot be good) will allow me to get the rig to its next destination as long as I do not go to neutral. There have been times that the rig will not move at all. Most frustrating when checking into an RV park with a long line of rigs behind you.

I really do not want to spend a $1000 bucks to have the rig checked (lately this has been the usual amount when I take the rig to Cummins)

What to do?

Danny J :(