TRANSMISSION COOLER INSTALLATION

GPZ1100Z1

Before we take off this summer in our new Antigua 215SB, It has been suggested that I hook up a Trans Cooler to our Chevy Astro. Is something that I can do? or should I have a pro hook it up?

C Nash

John, A cooler is a must in my opinion for towing. :approve: They are pretty simple to install and you should be able to do this. May have to remove the grille. Be sure to get one rated for the total weight you will have. Good luck

GPZ1100Z1

Chelse, thanks for the reply. I would really hate to hook this up wrong. Any idea what a shop would charge for this work?

John :blackeye:

C Nash

Labor would probably run around 3hr which would be around 75 to 90 bucks here. They just hook in series in the cooler line running to the radiator. Most just cut the metal line and install with pressure hose and clamps. Other than some in tight places they are not hard to install. You should be able to do this in one afternoon.
John, just went and read your profile and I know you Navy guys can figure this thing out. Sure you have some buddies that would help, just keep them away from the cooler until the trans cooler is on. :laugh:

GPZ1100Z1

Well the deal fell through on the Antigua, they would not move on the proce I wanted, they were selling for over 21,000. A little pricy in my mind. Any suggestions on a nice lite weight trailer for around 15,000 that can sleep 5-6

John
U.S. NAVY
GO HARD OR GO HOME! :angry:

hertig

Since I suspect that the Astro will struggle towing most trailers, I also suggest an external transmission filter with transmission temperature gauge. I got one for about $30-40, but I don't recall where. Installation should be a breeze, particularly if done with the cooler.