transmission/engine reverse problem

gdfnjf

Just bought a new 04 pace arrow. It has the 1000 transmission and 8.1 engine. When I have it in reverse and a little torque is required the engine trouble light comes on and a engine "low power message" is displayed. The engine acts as though it is runnung on maybe two cylinders or is being starved of fuel. You must turn off the engine and wait a few seconds and it will reset, however if you put it in reverse and apply a little torque it does it again. The dealer says they have never heard of this type of problem. I have only driven it home and have put approximately 40 miles on it. Any ideas.

Krazeehorse

I'm not a mechanic but I think you have a computer problem and not a tranny problem.

Kirk

quote:gdfnjf

3 Posts
Posted - Feb 21 2005 : 8:44:06 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just purchased a new 04 Pace arrow. Have only driven it home and it has a problem when you try and use reverse. As soon as a little torque is needed the engine light comes on with a low power message and it seems like the engine is running on just a couple cylinders. You must turn off the ignition for a few seconds and it resets but as soon as you try to go in reverse where you need a little torque it does it again. The dealer says they have never heard of this problem. Has anyone out there experienced it. My guess is that the transmission sensees torque and shuts part of the engine down or something.

Isn't one post for the problem enough?

turnipbwc

I would take it back to the dealer, hand him the keys and tell him to call you when it's fixed. Warrenty should take care of it.
turnip42