Travel Advice

Shadow

Re: Travel Advice

Rain all around us. Everyone else getting 3 or 4 inches. Can't get enough to water the plants at our house. Lucky I can pump water to our pond!

C Nash

Butch, if you were going to winter somewhere in Texas where would recommend? Well, guess you do winter there :laugh: We really liked Big Bend but would be kind of isolated there and don't even know if they are open all winter. Guess most of the southern parks are booked in winter and I hate reservations. Never know where I might want to be tomorrow :laugh:

Shadow

Chelse if you like the coast, Anywhere from Corpus Christi on down to Padre Island. I remember Archer didn't like Padre because of the wind. Rockport is real nice. stays crowded thou. Corpus is close to a lot of sites to see. Not to far from San Antonio if you want to check it out. Or you can use our site at Matagorda if you want :)

cwishert

Chelse, if you like to dry camp. There are a lot of people who come down to Magnolia Beach for parts of the winter. It is really part of Port Lavaca. There are some rv parks in Port Lavaca and One on the beach that I just found today. Says it is adults only. Leaves us out for a while. But there are places with picnic tables and there is the beach. No reservations required. On the sanidump website it says there is a dump site but I have yet to find it. Still looking. My daughter says to tell you there is a park there. If you want to call it that, some swings, see saws and monkey bars and a basketball court. Mostly pretty rusted. They do fix them up sometimes but with the weather its hard to keep it that way. If you are ever in this part of the country I would love to show you one of my favorite places. :) :cool: :laugh:

C Nash

Thanks Shadow and cwishert. I'll put all tis in storage, not my head, :laugh: for future reference. Doubt that they would let me stay in an adult only because I am a senior KID :eek: :laugh: