Travel and RV parks in Massachusetts?

hertig

Hello, next summer we are heading to Mass. Is there anything we need to be aware about getting there (tunnels/bridges which prohibit propane, etc)? Any decent campgrounds in the Somerville area (S of Boston)?

Ed H.

The best way in for you is the Mass. Turnpike (I-90). I don't know just where you are coming from, but the interstates in Connecticut are brutal. The Mass Pike is usually good (one steep hill - east coast standards) until you get near Worcester at rush hour.Exit 11A will put you on I-495 and that will take you to I-95.
Just off I-95 in Foxboro is Normandy Farm Campground. I've never been there, but they have one heck of a reputation (good, that is). There are several in others in that area ranging from state parks to full-service private parks.
One other tip, if you go to Boston, try to use public transportation. It is a beautiful city, but the roads were laid out for walking, not driving.

hertig

Thanks, Ed, I will keep that in mind. I will most likely be coming from Batavia (near Buffalo), New York.

Yes, I've been to Boston, and the mass transit is the way to go. I'll be staying at or near my sister's place in Somerville, and if any local travel is required, she will be in charge :)