Traveling and Medical Care

We will be RV'ing as "full timers" this summer. My only concern is obtaining medications when out of state from my physician for months at a time when my insurance plan will only approve a 30 day supply at a time. Has anyone found a solution to this concern ?

Thanks so much !!

Check with your insurance. My BC/BS told me they would not pay for refills until the drug is 75% used,so I had my Doctor write me out a prescription for 90 days,with 3 refills. Each time I get the refill I have to pay 3X the usual co-pay. Wal-Mart,Walgreens and some others I am told will refill at any location as long as you bring in the bottle. Hope this helps. Will

ARCHER

Rose,
I normally do my medicine via mail refill with Merck Medco, so when I order a refill, it is either forwarded from post office or I give them a new address. I also get my doctor to provide me with back up prescription in case I have any problems (they do understand). If you go to a nationwide drug store, you may not have a problem getting refills while on the road. If not, you might want to think about doing that (like CVS is what I use and it is South, Midwest, and even in Vegas and I guess all over).
good luck

Looking forsame thing. we have hmo now only good in 2 florida counties. does anyone have info on other hmo's in florida? do you have to live in the counties to get into the plan?

Hello ROSE 1942,

Are you a military veteran ? If so, check out the VA hospital nearest you and sign up..

I did in summer of 2000 and no matter where I am, I simply call a toll free number, punch in my Rx number when prompted and the medications are mailed out to me anywhere in world I may be....

John