traveling bug

G

U all want to talk about getting hit by the ,, ready to travel bug ,, it hit me today ... we had to pull a fuel tank on a class B to replace the fuel sender that went out ,, anyway ,, i drove it to the gas station and paid for the liquid gold stuff (gas) ,, i also drove it a bit more after that ,, just to make sure all was ok ,, and MAN did i just want to keep on going ,,, just keep on going nowhere ,, am i crazy or is anyone else feeling this gotta travel soon bug???? :eek: :eek: ;) ;) :approve: :approve: :approve: :cool: :cool:

msjackie

Re: traveling bug

You ought to see David sometimes, sitting here looking out at the RV and can't go, He said if he could get behind the wheel, then off we would go, I know the feeling also, want to and can not at the moment
and spring comes early to Myrtle Beach right 730

H2H1

hey rod I feel your pain, we took our out just a ride and I really had a hard time turning it around and coming back home. It feels like spring here high 60 and today into the 70. I can't wait till May, that when we head west. I'll stop by TEX oil well and get some gas, do you think I will get a discount :laugh: I think not, yes the fever is spreading. enjoy when you start hope to see you in APRIL

DL Rupper

Just paid $3.65/gal for diesel and it took a little of my get up and go away. Just a little though. Plan on heading back to Ohio in Apr and then on out WEST. :approve:

rjf7g

DL-
So, are you going to GTS's open house? Bedford is between Florida and Ohio, isn't it?

DL Rupper

I have too be in Dayton, OH before the 3rd of Apr for my Mom's 86th birthday and then tend my doggy grandson for about 4 days while my son and his family have a short vacation. They have a 9 month old Irsh Wolfhound. They are very, very sensitive to family seperations. We boarded one once for a couple of weeks and it almost died. Lots of family commitments before heading West. Isn't the open house later in April?

TexasClodhopper

DL, we need you in Texas! We've had so much rain that it drowned the first crop of mosquitos and the next crop is starting to come out.

And you might just bring that big Dodge along with you .... :clown:

msjackie

Hey Tex, if you need a fill in crop, be happy to send you some.
It only got to 74 today and the crop was trying their new method of drawing blood.

G

74 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: man it was 41 here today ,, and that was the high :angry:

DL Rupper

Hey becky, I was originally planning to be in Dayton the last 2 weeks in Mar, staying for my Mom's birthday and off West on the 4th of Apr. However, my son saw the opportunity to put me to work (doggy sitting) and get him on a trip during his kids Spring break. Timing just not right for GTS's open house. Wish it was in Mar.

Tex, don't need any flying bugs. Just saw "It's a bugs Life" at Disney World. It was the dangest 3-D animated show I've ever seen. They sprayed and poked us unmercifully. Don't need the real thing.

Seriously, we are going to travel on I-80 or I-90 to try to avoid the bad weather. The tornadoes progess North as the weather warms. In Apr it should still be cool enough up North to avoid the BAD weather. I lived in Oklahoma for 2 1/2 years and know what it's like down that way in Apr.

Shadow

Hey 730, it was almost 80 here. Washed the 5er in shorts and a tee shirt. When I was scrubbing around the running lites I took off the little bit of sealant they had. What Y'all recommend to put back around them?

G

I use the clear Dap stuff from HD ,, it's cheaper than that so called RV sealant ,, and IMO works the same ,, it SEALS STUFF UP ,, and bty it still stays flexable ;) :)
and Bty shadow ,, thanks for getting me all riled up for warm weather ,, it was 64 here today ,,, but got snow moving in tonight ,, and wed's highs are only gonna be in the 30's BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ,, where is spring ,,, heck with that i WANT SUMMER ;) :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Shadow

:eek: Darn, wish I would of thought of that ! :laugh: You have a preferred brand Jim?

Thanks 730

G

hey shadow re read the post i typed ,, u beat me to a response ,, i was typeing while u were typing ,, and yes the Dap is good ,, use it all the time ;) :)

Shadow

Thanks 730, I was probably wiping down my key board. Blew my ice tea everywhere when I read Jim's response. Walked into that one I did :laugh: ;)

C Nash

Does the wind ever stop in Texas? 40 to 45 mph today with gust 80mph possible but it was 80 degree. Does anybody have any idea where the west Texas border is? Been here for 4 weeks and aint got there yet. In Fort Davis today and did purchase Passport America so I can stay here at the MacMillen RV resort. Pretty good cg and the people are great. Want us to stay a month and work but think we'll pass. Got to find that west border so I can mark some more states.