traveling bug

C Nash

Re: traveling bug

Yee Haw, finally made it out of Texas. Right now we are in Vado NM but did make the trip back into Texas today to El Paso to see Wes Hardins grave and drive the scenic drive on the overlook of ElPaso. Well worth the drive of 20 miles back. We also did the Missions tour on our way through yesterday. Every body watch out using that Clodhoppers GPS. He will just keep you circleing in Texas so you will keep spending money in Texas :laugh: :laugh: Thanks Texas we enjoyed our travel through.

Shadow

Glad enjoyed your stay Chelse. You know if you would have stayed a few more days you would have had to apply for a green card.. Enjoy your travels and maybe see Ya on the return trip.

elkhartjim

Thanks for visiting. We do have a wonderful state...sometimes it seems to be a "state of Confusion" Come back anytime as you did today. See, you're kinda like us Texans...gone away a feww hours and have to come back. Safe travels and may the wind always be at your back.

TexasClodhopper

And when ya hit the state line, don't let the door hitcha where the Good Lord splitcha! Now you're getting into the part of the country that I want to go see some more of! :laugh:

G

U want to see NM tex :eek: Yes being born there and spent most of my life in Albuquerque (see i can spell it ) when i was younger ,, all my family is from TN ,, mom and dad both born and raised in TN ,, but dad worked for the Gov. so he got transferd to Los Alamos first ,, then to Alb.. anyway ,, yes it's beutifull country ,, if u like trees and mountains ,, but the crime rate has got to California proportion ,,, gangs moving in ,, Not that bad in all city's in NM but in Alb it was bad ,, they had a gang task force just like La does ,,,, but other than that i don't want to go back ,, i may someday though just to see one thing ,,, that is Carlsbad carverns ,,, i worked for DOE at the white sands missle base for 4 yr's and as of yet ,, i have not been to the caverns ,,, and it's almost next door to White sands missle range ,, but u know how it goes ,, u travel other places to see stuff ,, but u don't go to stuff right in u'r own back yard :eek: :approve: :)

TexasClodhopper

Nothing against NM, but I'm heading for AZ and UT next. DL's Red Rock Country! Maybe some NM up around 4-Corners and Farmington. And who can miss the Martian landing zone? :laugh:

C Nash

Stopping for a few in Elephant Butte NM. We are at Lakeside RV Park. So far a very nice park but a little on the pricey side if you are not a Passport America member. 17.00 with 34.00 w/o. Host were very friendly and we can use passport as long as space is available. Plan on making some side trips out of here before heading for Az. Weather is great so far and maybe I'll be able to soak in one of these healing hot springs :laugh: Shoot, just seeing all this new scenery is making me younger ever day. Might even see if I can scare ole Billy The Kid up around here. Think I'll shave my head because old Geronimo might still be out there :eek: Also have to ck out the spaceport and Chloride where I had planned to go several year back and help rebuild the mining town.

elkhartjim

Okay Nash...I'm so disappointed. You've not colored Texas yet. By the way, regardless of last Tuesday's out come. We are a republican state. So color appropriately. Geronimo is long gone but watch out for Sitting Bull, or was that Wyoming?

DL Rupper

Hey Chlese, thanks for the input on Lakeside RV Park. We are thinking of staying there next winter for a month. Do you feel safe there in the desert? As I previously posted, I had heard good things about it. Matter of fact I believe I originally read about it in one of the RV mags and then looked it up on line (www.RVparkreviews.com). Maybe because they are getting favorable press is why they are getting pricey. Either that or they are joining the rush to raise the RV camping rates. :(

G

DL u would love Lakeside ,, it's been around for quit a bit ,, i used to work for the Unser's part time ,, when i was a kid ,, still in high school ,, anyway they had a drag boat ,, and every year around spring break time we would take out on EB ,, but we would run it on the lake about 5am ,, the lake is like glass then ,, boy did we get stuff thrown at us ,, and the cuss words that were said ,,,
In the later part of the day we would ski behind the boat ,, but i must say be very carefull around there ,, they have had a few murders and stuff ,, but again that was back in the mid 70's ,, so i hope they have updated since then ,, but agian have fun ;) :laugh: :laugh:

DL Rupper

Thanks Rod, we like to go to new areas as we RV and Elephant Butte, NM sounded good. We usually stay for a couple of days in Demming, NM then stay around Tucson, Benson, Sierra Grande, and Casa Grande in AZ. Staying a month in New Mexico seems like the thing to do for a change.

G

to bad u weren't out there for the baloon fiesta ,, if u get chance u gotta ck this out ,, it last a week and u'll never forget it ,, take my word ,, i lived about a rocks throw form the launch site ,, and man what a sight ,, balloons galore over the house every weekend and on the week days too ,, but the best part is the balloon glow and the special shapes rodeo ,, u have to be there to like both of those ,, and bty DL that's in Albuquerque NM ,, and while u'r there ,, if u go next fall ,, pick me up some Hatch green chiles ,, the big jim type ,, and i need about 2 bushels ,, mine has run out ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I'll pay u double for shipping ,, but don't let them roast them ,, i'll do that myself :approve: :laugh: ;) :eek:

C Nash

DL, so far everything is fine here. I was a little dissapointed in their restroom as it only has one commode and really just one shower because you have to go through the first shower dressing area to get to the second shower. Bathroom was spotless. You can also use Passport America for unlimited time if space is available. We did the ride up 52 to Cuchille, winston and chloride and on into the Gila National Forest and it was a great side trip in the toad. We did the Geronimo scenic ride through the National park but it is very rough narrow, slow but scenic and you do need 4x4 in places. 50 miles of backroad. Probably will stay over longer so we can catch the spaceport and might just drive over to see the cave dewellings from here. There are plenty of parks in this area and there is a state park that we did ck out called Elephant Butte that is nice which charge 10 and 14 dollars per night.

H2H1

Rod I hope you read this post, if I don't hear from you I will PM u. I read where you ask DL to pick some of Hatch green chile, big Jim type for u. If this true let me know I will be going thru Albuquerque NM in May and will pick some for you.I see where u are wanting 2 bushel not roasted

DL Rupper

Hey Rod, if we are out there next fall/winter will try to get you some chiles. Meanwhile it looks like Hollis may be able to assist.

G

yep ,, bty guys i was just kidding on the green chile stuff ,, i can have it sent to my door step , via fed ex ,, but thanks for the input ;) :approve: :) :bleh:

TexasClodhopper

Fed ex? Well, I guess your gusher broke through then. Rod is ready to hand out the money now! ;)

I could use 20 bucks! :clown:

C Nash

Rode through Hatch today but all the stores were closed :( Was going to get you some Rod :)