Tree sap clean-up

slock1128

Does anybody know how to clean off pine tree sap from the top of a motorhome? We were sitting half-way under a pine tree for 2 months in Orlando, FL this spring and I'm getting tired of ellbow grease to get the sap off.
Thanks,
Paul
2004 Winnebago Brave
Almost full-time
going for longer periods every year.

Gary B

Tree sap clean-up

Hi Paul, have you tried Goo Gone it works real well on other sticky stuff like decal glue, and says it works on sap, etc.
:) :laugh: :cool: :bleh: :approve:

speed-brite

Tree sap clean-up

Try SPEED-BRITE it has mild solvents in it to break up the sap. And then use it to protect from future tree sap problems.

Are you looking for the easiest way to keep your RV, Boat or Trailer clean and waxed in 1 step...then try SPEED-BRITE by Gallade Chemical.

http://www.speed-brite.com

Why SPEED-BRITE?
* Applies in 1 step - cleans and waxes
* Concentrated unique formula - no water added
* 5 Star Rating from Average customer review
* Available in pint & gallon sizes

OKStategradx2

Tree sap clean-up

WD 40 removes tree sap from clothes... might work on the roof of the RV too. I used it on a waterproof jacket, took it right out and rinsed out nicely.

I don't think I'll ever figure out all of it 1 million uses :laugh:

slock1128

Tree sap clean-up

Thanks for the replies, but I tried goo-gone and WD 40 and it didn't work much better. Have not tried Speed-Brite, I was hoping for a cheaper remedy! I'll keep trying different things
Thanks,

Udamon77

Tree sap clean-up

try using rubbing alcohol. i know that it works well getting the sap off of my truck. it does remove any wax/protection, but it does not harm the paint or clearcote. hope this helps.