Tv in new jayco rv

rdnec

I just bought a new Jayco greayhawk RV. The salesmen told us that while driving the tv is disabled. but, he said there is away to get around it but he is not allowed to show us.

I wasnt it disabled so that my kids can watch tv while I drive. does any one know how to disable it?

C Nash

Re: Tv in new jayco rv

Welcome to the forum. Do you have a wiring diagram? Find the relay that controls it when you turn the ignition switch on and disconnect. It also could be connected with the neutral safety switch if it goes off when you go to drive. Don't let the insurance company know you have disabled it. I would not do this because it is there for a reason. Get the kids away from tv and do other interesting things while traveling.

Zaneyone

In my coach, the TV is plugged into an outlet that won't operate with the engine running. You probably only need to plug the TV into another power source. Worth testing to find out.

brodavid

I agree with Nash, there are more things to see then watch TV all day, the world is downright beautiful, go look at it and you will fall in love with nature.

C Nash

Well we haven't heard anything from the original poster and his post was almost a year ago :eek: Bet he wrecked his rv first trip out while driving and trying to see tv :(

TexasClodhopper

Looks like one of those 'one post' wonders we sometimes get on here. Post a question and never come back to see the answer! Boy, yer gonna learn a lot that way, aintcha?