TV input to satellite input

Thomas Pumphrey

Hi, I was told that you could rewire the jacks on the inside of a 2003 prowler to be able to connect the satellite wire to the TV input on the outside. Does anyone know how?
Thanks,

team3360

You have to disconnect the ant. booster from the system. Sat. will not work thru it. Its easier to run a seperate line into the trailer. I believe you can run out of the receiver and into the trailer cable if you want to watch it in the bedroom, but I'm not positive. Must have uninterupted service from dish to receiver, splices are ok ,but no splitters .

bldrbob

I run the sat to the aux input of the selector switch .That bypasses the booster.
BOb

C Nash

Thomas, you can call the antenna maker and they will tell you how to rewire the booster to where it will work. I did this on a Cougar 5th wheel and it worked perfect.

Kirk

Assuming that you have a selector switch to select between the TV antenna and an aux. input from the outside jack, it is very easy. All you need to do is to take the cable from your outside jack off of the selector switch and connect it to the satellite input for the satellite receiver. Then you need a short cable to connect from the output of the satellite receiver and from there to the selector switch where you removed the first cable. By doing that you can choose from the antenna or the input that was for cable TV and is now from your dish.