Twin Lite vs. LP Gas Alarm

Cryzmath

This has been an ongoing problem for us which I know has been addressed before in this forum, but I would like a referesher if possible. Any time that I turn on our Twin Lite above the kitchen sink - our LP Gas alarm goes off within five seconds. It drives us crazy. :disapprove: Is there any solutions or recommendations as to what we can do to repair/fix this sistuation? :blush:

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: Twin Lite vs. LP Gas Alarm

You ask something I have not heard of before. The LP detector is supposed to wired by itself. There should be 3 amp fuse (purple) in your fuse panel. That fuse is what powers your dectector. I am wondering if your light is also in that circuit. If you pull the fuse and your light quits working also, perhaps the amp. draw from the light is affecting your dectector.

Let us know what you find.

hertig

I've got a similar problem. My LP detector is on a 20 amp fuze which also powers the rear furnace...

Grandview Trailer Sa

The LP dectector should be wired by itself. Again, in all my trailers, it is fused with a 3 amp. fuse and that is the only thing the fuse works. I can't say if it creates a problem, but to me, does not sound correct.

Cryzmath

Sigh -- What I had remember that there was some kind of "filter" or something that I could obtain to help break up the dependency on the two?

Cryzmath

Opps! My mistake -- I meant Thin-Lite (Model 116) that interfers with the LP Gas dectector. (Hey -- at least we tried - or are there any other possible answers?) :laugh:

DL Rupper

RE: Twin Lite vs. LP Gas Alarm

Take the LP dector out of the light circuit and run wires direct to the battery. GTS is right about the seperate wiring. That is the way mine is wired. It took me a long time to figure out why my battieries slowly discharged when my 5'er was not being used and I had turned off the main 12v battery switch. Now I pull the two 3amp fuses to my LP and carbon dioxide detectors and turn off the switch.

hertig

Radio Shack has (or had a few years ago) a power line filter. Before going to this amount of trouble, I'd suggest putting a scope on the power lead to the detector and watching to see if noise on the line when you switch the lite on is a factor, or whether the voltage dips (which I think is my problem). If you have any spare fuze locations and can get a wire between there and the detector, might be best to put it on its own fuze.

Cryzmath

Hertig and DL -- Thanks for your suggestions -- I will run them by and see if that works. Thank you.