urgent help needed

me and my family sold 1 of our homes bought a motorhome and went on the road spent allmost 2 monthes on the road our children had the time of there lives and well n.y. state took our children stateing that liveing in a winabago was endangering the welfare of a child mentaly and morally .....so now we are fighting to get our kids back forced to live in a house not our rv and we need help can anyone sighn statements stateing that familys do this all the time and its normal??? i thought this was the american dream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh yeah are kids are ages destiny.5 girl ..natas..4.boy..tyranny..3 girn...chaos..2 boy

C Nash

Re: urgent help needed

Mick and Crystal,
Did you home school and keep records? What size MH did you buy? Did any relatives complain to the State? You said you sold one of your homes, do you own others? While I really feel for you and hate to see kids taken away I would need more information, Is there anyone in the State we could contact to ask their reason for taking the kids? Keep us posted.
:(

elkhartjim

2,3,4,5...I would love to hear the other side of the story. I'm not sure living on the road with the ages of those children is healthy. Plus 6 people in a mh....oh my. Just my 2 cents.

DL Rupper

Maybe your signiture gave the Stae ideas. I've never heard of a State removing children because they live in an RV. Most RV Parks now are 50% or more occupied by permanet RV residents and a lot of them have kids.

SnowbirdInFlight

RE: urgent help needed

Ages 5, 4, 3, 2? Something seems a bit strange to me. I've never heard of any body having their children taken away from them for taking them camping. For Pete's sake they aren't even old enough to be in school. Sounds fishy to me. :eek:

C Nash

Well I sure was sending them to school early but just couldn't believe the state would take them for no reason. Ages didn't register until others brought it up. My brother was head of DHR here for years and generally there had to be drastic reason to take kids from parents. I reall starting thinking something else when I read the later post of them wanting info on a 85 datsun MH. This is one I would really like to hear the rest of the story. First thing I want to do is side with the rver but :question:

rjf7g

TexasClodhopper - 5/30/2009 2:06 PM

Somebody's pulling somebody's leg ...

Look at their handle...perhaps the kids were taken away for a reason.

Domingo

I know there is more to the story. I am a senior clinical case manager in Dallas and have held jobs as a mental health clinical director, homeless services director, crisis counselor, and a mental health case manager. I have been to several Rv parks and mobile home parks to investigate causes of concern. I have never or any of my friends have ever filed CPS reports due to children living in a motor home. We have filed reports for neglect due to the condition of the home and parents partying using elicit drugs while the children are present amongs many other reasons but not because the children where traveling in an RV. . CPS does not want children removed from their parents unless there is serious cause of concern for the safety of the children. I think there is more to the story. I have asked this question to my wife who is a lawyer. She gives me the same question we all have. What was going on in that motor home. I am sorry for sounding cold and uncaring to the famely. I do hope you get your children back if you are able to provide a safe caring enviroment. If this criteria is met. You will have your children returned to you.

TexasClodhopper

Like I said folks, don't get sucked into the seriousness of possibilities with this post. Someone's just practicing for their audition with a TV reality show. ;)

brodavid

We homeschooled on the road for many years, including going to other countries, I never heard of a couple losing their kids for being on a trip, at that age there is no school time required. Something else happen!!!

*scooter*

The 5yr old and the 4yr old could be in school..Maybe kindergarten or first grade. The 3 yr old and 2yr old could also be in diapers!.. I wonder if they'll come back and answer some of the questons posted? :question:

Grandview Trailer Sa

I think someone has too much time on thier hands, and dreamed this up...Notice they have not come back to say anything???

KateyJ

Well, when you name two of your children "Tyranny" and "Chaos" and put sex out there in your forum name, your cries of "Wolf" are a bit suspect....I have had the distinct and awful experience of having to hotline children to the state, and even with serious evidence of abuse, the child was not removed, not immediately. Something else is going on here.

It makes me more reluctant to post too much of a personal nature here because even though it seems that most people on this forum are trustworthy and safe, there is no safeguard against those who are not.

I know this hijacks this sorry thread, but from you long-timers on this forum, what has been your experience with conversations with folks on the forum? And do any of you eventually meet up with people you met on the forum? How's that work?

Just MY 2 cents...kateyj :bleh: :eek:

H2H1

Hi Kateyj yes there are who talk on a very regular bases. I have met several of the members and always looking to meet more. I have posted my trips on the forum just to see if I could run into a members and so for it been working out. This passed April I went to Kenneth GTS open house and met some of his friends who now I consider my friends.

TexasClodhopper

Joy, your observations about that original poster (OP) are correct.

You won't have personal problems on any forum on the Internet if you just don't post vital statistics. You know that from common sense and experience.

If you don't tell us what's going on, then what's the use of posting here at all? And if you don't, then what will we all do? We're just totally dependent on your future posts! You've got us all waiting for your next move! :clown:

There are those that just go around forums posting stuff just to see what folks will say about it. I'll try to warn you about them, but I can't detect all of them! :)

Reminds me what a friend of mine's father told us one time, "If you walk across a cow pasture, it won't stink unless you stir up a cow patty!" :clown:

LEN

If I were a single women traveling alone I might be very very careful. As is I am a married man or even as a man traveling alone I would not have a problem meeting and have met with a few on these forums as our paths have crossed and so far so good. A great group of people who share the travel and RVing.

LEN

brodavid

KateyJ,
You will enjoy the talk and knowledge these people give, all the info about your own life is up to you to give and share. Met Rod (730) and wife this may, and talk all the time with the rest about problems in our lifes.They are like a big family with alot of wisdom and knowledge. Some times it seems like all fun and sometimes they can get real serious, they took Dave and me in just like we were neighbors all our life.

love them all,

msjackie