used class b motor homes

oma

I have been camping for 40 years in everything that has been made to camp in. Now that I am a widow I am considering a used Itasca diesel on the dodge sprinter. Does anyone have one? Is the mileage really 22mph + ? Tried the 2007 Winnebago View but it rocked and rolled while riding in it and not stable at all. Prefer not to buy new due to price. Any advice appreciated.

bcm

RE: used class b motor homes

try the Winnebago Vista built on the VW chassis. These units were been built from 2002 to 2005 and handle excellent - as good as a large SUV, and the mileage is pretty good too, depending on your driving habits you should easily average 14 - 16 mpg. Plus a good used one (if you have time to look) can be found for around $ 30K. so even if it doesn't get the claimed 20+mpg that the MB engine claims to get (I doubt it), with all the money you save buying one at $ 55K + you'll have alot left for gas for quite a while !!! Plus the workmanship and VW reliability in these units is superb. ;)

oma

RE: used class b motor homes

Thanks for the response. I am checking out the Itasca Navion with the dodge spinter Mercedes diesel which claims 22mph. True about saving money buying than more for traveling. Since I'm not in a rush, can consider many options and having done this kind of traveling for 40 years, have a few ideas of my own.