vacation

elkhartjim

RE: vacation

Dang Hollis....slow down and smell the coffee.
icon_smile_big.gif
As fast as you went thru our great state we didn't dollect much tax dollars from you.
icon_smile_evil.gif
I hope you at least refueled before leaving Texas
icon_smile_question.gif
Ya'll have a safe and fun trip.

H2H1

Re: vacation

oh yeah I spent some $$$$$ in your state. I was thinking that gas was going to be alot more than what it was, but in Texas it was fairly decient. I WAS ONLY GOING 60-65 mph, but I like to get in aleast 8-10 hours of driving time in each day. I guess when you got good roads to travel on why not go at a good speed and site see from your window. We are having a blast here, but the wind is something else it doesn't let up, we can'teven let the awning out because of the wind. well we are off to Monument Valley this morning just to site see.I will be back on later

utmtman

He is being a busy may fer sure and it was great to meet Hollis and his lil lady. Glad they are havin a great time.

G

ok as of now i have 7 days ,, till i'm off and beaching it :laugh: :laugh: :approve: :approve: :bleh: :bleh:
My list was done ,, but have a whole nother one ,, but been cking it off day by day ,, now the family has caught up to me ,,, so as of tommorrow i'll finish up and the only thingy i have to do is the final pre trip cks ,, bty i'll be leaving the 20th of this month ,, around about 10pm or so ,, like to drive at night ,, and that will put us in our spot just about ck in time ,, so as of now ,,, JUST WAITING and COUNTING ;) :approve: :approve: :approve: :bleh: :bleh: :bleh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

elkhartjim

RE: vacation

Tick, tick, tick, tick...its like waiting for Santa.
icon_smile.gif
Don't forget to let us know about Bro dave and ms jackie.

G

well as of now the MH is in the driveway ,, and yes i'm still counting :bleh: :approve: :approve: :cool: :cool: ;)

G

the only break u'll get from me while on vacation ,, is not posting about rv issues ,, and bty Ken :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I owe u one ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :evil: :evil: :clown:

elkhartjim

Rod...take plenty of spf 40, don't want you to prune you know. I but ifin someof us have an rv problem you won't keep silent just cause your on vacation. Will you??????????? I but you leave ealier than planned.

G

i don't use sun screen ,, cause i (used to) have a tanning bed ,, but got dark enough that i won't look like a tourest ,, and for rv repair ,,, YEA RIGHT ,,i hope to be in touch while on the beach ,, this place is new to me ,, so i'll see ,, if they have wifi ,, yes i'll give u guy's moment by moment updates ,,, but if not ,, then i'll go to the closest wifi sight and update form there ,,, but i don't mind paying for wifi ,, if i can have it at the sight ,, i also gotta dig my lap top out ,, hav not used it in months ,, ok 5 days and counting ,,, ;) :bleh: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :approve: :approve: :approve: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

utmtman

I wonder how Hollis liked waking up to snow this morning?
We are pulling out in the morning headed for Utah for a couple of days than on to Washington.

DL Rupper

Hey Lee, if you like to see the sights on the way a good route is up to Boise, ID on I-84 and then take highway 55 out of Boise up to US 95 heading North to Coeur d Alene, Idaho (I-90) or head West out of Lewiston, ID on US 12. We have taken the trip up from Boise to Coeur d Alene, but not West out of Lewiston. Great scenery.

We are going to try to take US 12 out of Missoula, MT this summer over to Lewiston and on to Walla Walla, WA and then head down to Long Beach, WA for a month.

Anyway if you like mountains and curvy roads and you have the time, the route out of Boise is great. We didn't have any trouble pulling it with our Dodge CTD in 2003, however, there are some good steep grades.

utmtman

The wife and I have taken 84 North to Wa to see her sister two or three times. I was planning on taking I15 north thru Idaho to I90 in Montana so I can look up old friends in Missoula. (Used to own an American Oil Gas station there). Than keep on 90 to Spokane, than west on 2 catch 174 over grand coulee dam to 17 to 97 to 20 and into Cascade and Newhalem where I will be working. Should be interesting to say the least. Should be a lot of curvy roads and mountains on 20.

DL Rupper

Sounds good. Have a good and safe trip.

We are going up to Flathead Lake, just north of Missoula, about 20 Jun.

Your route over Grand Coulee Dam should be great. We stayed a couple of days over in Bridgeport, WA (2004) and took a day trip to the GC Dam and another day trip over to Winthrop, WA on Highway 20. Great scenery. If you have to climb to the top of the Cascade on 20 that will be interesting. We have driven to the top of 20 from the Seattle side without our RV and that was quite a climb.
Awesome up there.

utmtman

Well I got two choices go in from the Sedro Wooley side (Seattle) or go in the way I is going. LOL Figured this would be the most scenic. And less traffic and peoples than going the other route.