vacation

G

Re: vacation

DL .. sorry for u'r miss hap ,, but good that u had the coverage ,, and bty ,, if the gas is so high that it is slowing down rver's ,, u coud have fooled me ,, the CG that i am at is packed as of today ,, and not just locals ,, also the wifi is costing me 29.95 for the month but cheaper than for the week ,, $9.95 per day ,, 19.95 for the week 29.95 for the month ,, so i figured better for the month ,, also golf cart rentsl for a week is $299.00 ,, so i guess i walk every where next week :eek: ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
but hey i'm on the place i love ,, the beach :approve: :approve: :approve: :bleh: :bleh: :bleh: :evil:

TexasClodhopper

DL this one's for you!

I was gonna create a "Dodge" limerick, but this is what came up. I couldn't do better! :clown:3 results for: dodgeMain Entry: avoid Part of Speech: verb Definition: To keep away from. Synonyms: burke, bypass, circumvent, duck, elude, escape, eschew, evade, get around, shun, dodge
Main Entry: evade Part of Speech: verb Definition: To avoid fulfilling or answering completely. Synonyms: duck, hedge, sidestep, skirt, dodge
Main Entry: trick Part of Speech: noun Definition: An indirect, usually cunning means of gaining an end. Synonyms:

artifice, deception, device, feint, gimmick, imposture, jig, maneuver, ploy, ruse, sleight, stratagem, subterfuge, wile, dodge

Source: Roget's II: The New Thesaurus, Third Edition
by the Editors of the American Heritage® Dictionary.
Copyright © 2003, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.

Aw, you know I'm just kidding! :laugh:

elkhartjim

RE: vacation

I hate to burst your bubble DL, but unless your check was a heck of alot bigger than mine....you ain't buying but maybe two tires with it.
icon_smile_angry.gif
icon_smile_disapprove.gif
icon_smile_question.gif

DL Rupper

Hey Jim, dear wifey is coughing up her rebate also. She knows if she doesn't we don't go anywhere. She is more into full-time RV'ing (seeing the sights) than I am.

The tires are $206 each + tax, mounted/balanced for life of tire at Costco. We do have to get a club card $55. Our Sam's Club card expired and the Sam Clubs are far and few between out west. So Costco gets the most of the rebate money this time.

We bought tires for the 5er ($$$$) before we left Ohio to come out west. Had to put the truck tires on hold until the tax stimulus showed up. Of course there isn't a Costco or Sam's Club in Cody, WY so it's off to Montana. Oh well, wifey gets a nice 200 mile round trip ride today. The advantage of getting the tires at the wholesale clubs is the free tire rotation/balance at any of the respective clubs nationwide. Plus the tires usually are cheaper at the club than at the retail tire outlets.

H2H1

speaking of he stimulus check, I couldn't get a tank of gas for my rv. so you may have to add some to get your tires DL. If everyone check is as small as mine ,there no way this is going to do anything for the economy.JMHO :laugh: :laugh:

TexasClodhopper

Instant! Makes you wonder about way-back-when they decided to call their company "Dodge".

What were they thinking?! (I know it was his name. JK) :clown:

utmtman

Hey Im 100 feet give or take 50 from the Skagit river. Does that count for anything. LOL Gonna see about a fishing license tomorrow and try to get some fishin in next month. Season opens the 1st of June. Gotta work at the Park Sun thru Tues. Ought to be interesting and fun.

G

DL where we are this yr ,, there aren't many GC's ,, for one they charge a frotune to rent one ,, second ,, if u bring u'r own ,, they chrage u a huge ,, charging fee ,, but as of now ,, 5-23-08,,, all the sights are full,, but seeing the drive in and out tags on the vehicles ,, most will be gone on tueday ,, or earlyer,,, ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

DL Rupper

Glad there aren't as many GC's. Theydrove me nuts last year. They were whizzing by every 2 seconds.

G

well then what are u typing to us for GO DAMN IT ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :approve: :approve: :approve: :evil: :evil:

DL Rupper

It's Saturday Memorial Day Weekend at the Gateway to Yellowstone. Campground about !/3 full. Some of the other campgrounds are almost empty. Not sure if it's because of the price of fuel or because Cody, WY is 300 to 400 miles away from Major population centers and a long way from the Mid-west/East. Maybe most vacations will be closer to home this year.

Well can't type to much, ROD told me to get going. :(

G

well i know all of u are tired of hearing about the beach ,, so i won't mention it ,, but i will say this ,, the fuel prices are not stopping anyone IMO ,, this place is full and even the overflow lots are full ,, and as of today ,, they are parking folks out in the lanes that u come into the park ,, it rained today so didn't get to the u know what ,, but gonna be clear and hot here the next week ,, and after tuesday ,, all the kiddies will be gone ,, and the the u know what is gonna be all mine ,, ;) :bleh: :bleh: :bleh: :bleh: :approve: :approve: :approve: ;) ;) ;) :evil:

utmtman

Over thursday, Friday time frame we saw a constant stream of rvs headed into the cascades. My guess is fuel prices did not slow them down or there is a bunch who have decided to stay close to home to do some camping. I will see what our campground look like in the park today when I make my rounds.

G

the same here Lee ,, that park is full ,, but alot are leaving in the morning ,, i got a new topic on this kinda thingy i'm gonna post :approve: :)