Vancouver to Las Vegas

kiwitrucker

Hi All

I live in New Zealand, and will be traveling to Vancouver BC with my Father in mid September to visit friends. After Vancouver we are planning to hire an RV and travel to Las Vegas to attend a conference. We are planning on taking 3 weeks for the trip from Vancouver - Las Vegas.

Can anyone suggest a good route to take or good places to visit on the way? We are really interested in alpine scenery, wildlife spotting and american western settler/pioneer history.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks

LEN

Welcome,
I would travel the northern route though Washington state to Glacier national park then to Yellowstone national park then Grand Tetons. These three parks will give you lots of alpine and wild life. Then on to Bryce and Zion national parks. These routes will give you good hiways great scenery and lots of wildlife in the alpine and high desert country.
PS we loved visiting you country 4 years ago, both north and south Island.

LEN

colubridae

Make sure you visit crater lake national park. Unfortunately it's one of those sites that really benefits from good weather.

Some really good 'side' visits are devil's tower national monument (Close encounters etc)
and big obsidian flow.