Volunteer Travel Trailer 16'?

maxfisher

RE: Volunteer Travel Trailer 16'?

I just got a 1968 Volunteer 12' travel trailer. Can't find any info on it, did anybody come up with anything? Would love to find a manual! Has electric breaks but the guy I bought it from didn't use them. Wondering if I should try to hook them up. Tried to Google it but the only thing that came up was this thread. There has to be a few still around I would think. Can't believe the A/C still works like a champ. If anybody has any info on Volunteer could you let me know.

maxfisher

I just got a 1968 Volunteer 12' travel trailer. Can't find any info on it, did anybody come up with anything? Would love to find a manual! Has electric breaks but the guy I bought it from didn't use them. Wondering if I should try to hook them up. Tried to Google it but the only thing that came up was this thread. There has to be a few still around I would think. Can't believe the A/C still works like a champ. If anybody has any info on Volunteer could you let me know.

maxfisher

arlanf

John I just traded for a 1978 volunteer. It's 25ft. from back to tip of tongue. The vin on my title is 15 letters and numbers and starts with MID I'll asume that means (Midas) but my model says unknown. I live in Indiana and now they require a model no. otherwise i can't get tags so, i appreaciate the info about the no, on the tongue. I will start removing paint.
Thanks Bud

Trent

Looks like Midas was actually made in Elkhart IN. They made several other models in addition to the Volunteer, including the Frolic, Grizzly, Smokey, Norris, Ken-Craft and Travel Master. I've attached an ad from a 1973 Popular Science that shows some info.

toysolider65

looking for info on Volunteer travel trailers. recently purchased a 17 ft Volunteer, 1974, in great shape for its age and we are going to keep it Vintage. love to chat with anyone with information or those in the same situation

smokeypanda68

I just bought a 1968 Smokey Panda trailer that was made in New Tazwell TN. I know the Smokey brand was later bought by Midas, too. Have you got any info on the Smokey brand? I wonder if Smokey and Volunteer were made by the same people.

Thanks for any information!

James . . .

try2findus

Re: Volunteer Travel Trailer 16'?

Welcome James!

Sorry we know nothing about the Smokey Panda but wish you the best with your purchase.

Safe and happy travels! :)