VW Vista 2002

C Nash

2002 pretty normal. Are you wanting to know how to repair? What size generator and what kind of load?

The rear window leak is problematic and needs to be repaired. It is not significant leak and the source is not obvious. I am planning to remove the window and reseal and reinstall. The generator is a 2800 watt propane fueled and once started idles reasonably well. However, when placing a small load (microwave oven) the generator bogs down and stalls. I am assuming it is either bad valve or carburetor problem. Any insight would be welcome.

C Nash

Just be aware that the leak could be coming from somewhere other than the window. Check top and even anywhere up from window. Leaks can follow a rail and come in i total different place. Will the generator run smallerbappliances? May just need adjusting as the gov will allow more rpm as more watts are needed.

I guess since you have replaced the rear bathroom window in your Vista, my question is if you can recall where you found the leak to be directly? Since there could be one or more points of entry and considering that this has been a common problem with this model. This window has been removed, resealed and reinstalled shortly after the originals owners bought it. It leaked with the second and third owners even after resealing. It continues to leak and I am the fourth owner. All the work to fix the leak has been done at RV dealerships. Amazing. Just wondered if you had any information to share with your repair on your window?

C Nash

I do not have a Vista but have had similar problems on rvs i have had. I just use a water hose and will srart at the window spray wait and see if it leaks, if not move farther spray and wait. You may have to take to a dealer that can put pressure inside to locate it. Follow the seams. Check where there are lights if any.