walkie talkies

Old Forum Post

[jack] Anyone have any advise on what to look for in a walkie talkie? Who makes the best ones? Need it to communicate between my wife and me when we are backing the rig into a parking place.

Thanks in advance.

jack

Old Forum Post

walkie talkies

[Dick] We have a pair of Motorolas ($69 each)and they work very well. Two mile range and good quality. We use them between RV and tow vehicle, backing up RV, shopping malls, and between vehicles on the highway (2 mile range). We recently bought a cheaper set ($59 for a pair - on sale) for a son and they work just as good. Both use 3-AA batteries.

Yesterday, we bought three more sets for Christmas gifts at K-Mart for $39.95 a set on sale and they were Cobras. They use 4-AAA bateries and although I haven&#039t experimented with them on the highway, I have been told they are very good also.

Dick

Old Forum Post

walkie talkies

[Dick] We have a pair of Motorolas ($69 each)and they work very well. Two mile range and good quality. We use them between RV and tow vehicle, backing up RV, shopping malls, and between vehicles on the highway (2 mile range). We recently bought a cheaper set ($59 for a pair - on sale) for a son and they work just as good. Both use 3-AA batteries.

Yesterday, we bought three more sets for Christmas gifts at K-Mart for $39.95 a set on sale and they were Cobras. They use 4-AAA bateries and although I haven&#039t experimented with them on the highway, I have been told they are very good also.

Dick

Old Forum Post

walkie talkies

[W.D.] Most of the two ways 2 mile range radios are FRS.(Family Radio Service. FRequency ranges are up into the 460.000 MGZ. Most have 14 channels of various frequencies. They all will put out up to 2 miles. This depends on conditions of where you are talking from to atmospheric conditions. Some are made with cheap plastic and some with more durable materials. All with a good attenna will produce about the same signal strength. If your careful in handling them,they will last a long time. If you store them for long periods take the batteries out to prevent leakage and moisture problems. Radios can be used just about everywhere from the local grocery market,to across the street.

Old Forum Post

walkie talkies

[Gary B] We have the Cobra&#039s that are on sale at K Mart (of course we paid more) have used them for little better than a year now and they work great, have used them for backing into site, between vehicles going down the hiway. Happy trails GB

Old Forum Post

walkie talkies

[W.D.] I bet the motorolla radio is by far, smaller,has better attenna in that you don&#039t have to pull out 3 feet of telescoping metal,and weighs less than a handheld cb. I got sold on the little radios because they can hide on your belt too so they aren&#039t always in the way. I also don&#039t have the clutter that occurs in the frequency of cb. Much quietier.

Old Forum Post

walkie talkies

[Mike Dial] Your half right, nothing beats a CB when you need directions or road condition information while traveling. The truckers are a big help.

Old Forum Post

walkie talkies

[John] Just picked up a set of Cobra Clearcall value pac.
2 radios,2 rechargable battery pacs w/ dual desktop charger and 2 belt clips for $69.99 at K-Mart. Units also use 4 aaa batteries. In a clear area about 1 mile line of site. But works great in a mall.

Old Forum Post

walkie talkies

[sandie] go to walmart. they have a set of two CB/ walkie talkies for 29.95 for BOTH and they are great. i have seen them in electronic stores for twice that price and in one store 4 times that amount. it is a famous CB maker in yellow and black box i think. it says "dualpak" on the box. i found them in the RV section but if no RV section look in the place where they have electonics like scanners.