Warming up a Class C

rjf7g

We're camping tonight in colder weather than we have ever camped in - right now it is 30 and wind chill is 20. Both temps are supposed to drop 10 more degrees overnight. So, we did a few "home improvements" today in preparation. They seem to have helped.

-We put Reflectix on the side windows in the bunk (attached with Velcro) - we already had it on the front window.
-We filled the little storage wells under the windows in the cab with the foam pipe cover we bought to hold heat tape on our water hose. We don't need it this trip as we are boondocking.
-We tucked a blanket under the mattress of the bunk to hang down to the floor to seal off the bunk. We already have a snooze bonnet (love it) and a thin cab curtain that fits over the sun visors and connects behind the seats.
-We put Relectix over the vents.
-We put a bathroom rug down over the step (which is where the battery box is).

The propane tank is full (thermostat is set at 75 and it is maintaining 71 nicely) and the generator's (Honda EU2000i) homemade extended run gas tank (6 gallons - enough gas to run about 18 hours) will be topped off before we go to bed. We have a Honeywell space heater that is set to 70 as a backup heat source should the furnace fail over night. Usually we only use the Honeywell, but we wanted the whole camper heated and the furnace does a better job at that.

We're planning on re-winterizing tomorrow and leaving the camper here at SML for our next visit in January or February. I just hope I don't have any problems dumping the tanks after the cold night!

G

Re: Warming up a Class C

well for me ,, i would rather bring in the new yr in a nice warm 90 degree area ,, but we also are gonna hit the teens to night ,, stay warm becky :approve: :approve: :approve: :laugh:

H2H1

I sure hope you have someone to snuggle up to tonight. I that will help out. good luck tonight, happy new year. but like Rod said 80 OR 90 DEGREES is great

rjf7g

Happy New Year - we stayed toasty all night...in fact, my better half got up in the middle of the night to turn the heat down! Now, just waiting for it to warm up enough outside to finish our chores on our seasonal sites, pack up camp from this trip, dump the tanks, rewinterize, and head home.

C Nash

Great to hear you survived the cold Becky. Winter time camping can be some of the best.