Wash/wax exterior on MH

Susan S

Hi folks we recently purchased an older motorhome, and decided to shine the exterior up a bit omg!! We did one side w/ reg turtle wax and elbow grease,, I have looked up these concentrated or liquid wash/wax products,,, does anyone has any advice on something that can b sprayed on, spread out and it looks wash and waxed ty

House Husband

My old coach has lost all it shine and gel coat. I prep it with TSP and an a scotch bright, then coat with Zep Wet Look. Use a blue lint free towel, wrung out tightly. apply 3 or 4 very light coats. No waxing but have to re-do every 4 or 5 years.

Richard

C Nash

My old coach has lost all it shine and gel coat. I prep it with TSP and an a scotch bright, then coat with Zep Wet Look. Use a blue lint free towel, wrung out tightly. apply 3 or 4 very light coats. No waxing but have to re-do every 4 or 5 years.

Richard
When you redo yours what do you clean old wax off with. Did mine 5 yr ago and need to do again. Have read wash with diluted amonia.

House Husband

Zep Wet Look is NOT a wax, it's an acrylic polymer coating. Zep also makes a "Heavy Duty Floor Striper" constrate, that I use to remove the old coating.

Richard

Last edited: