washer dryer combo

dozerdean

I would like to install a washer dryer combo in my TT. What is the best combo on the market? What would be better, Ventless or Vented. Any insite on this would be very helpfull. Thanks..

vanole

dozerdean,

Go vented.

Concerning best I'm not sure who makes the best unit I have a Splendide and it works okay. If I had the space I would prefer to have a stackable washer and dryer unit.

dozerdean

Thanks for your input. Sounds like your not to keen on Spendide? Don't have the space for stackable.Not to sure I can put it where I want it because of a narrow door. If that is the case I would have to go ventless & put it in another space I had in mind.

H2H1

I just sold my Spendide for 500.00 It was a 2003 , but was nevere used. I converte.d the space in to extra storage room for things that would stay on top of the counter, now they have a place to be stored.

vanole

dozerdean,

Sorry if I gave you that impression. I have had no issues with my Splendide. To be truthful not sure if their are any other options, if I remember correctly I think I have seen Excalibur (sp) units in a couple of RV's in the past but not sure who makes them.

Jeff

Jasmine2

Vanole, it is true that Splendide units are usually of a good quality, but I don't think they are the best ones on the market. You might want to check out the following website where they actually compare a lot of washer dryer combos.

vanole

Jasmine2,

Nice link.

However all featured in the link with the exception of one of the Splendide models are ventless. They use a quite a bit of water and take longer to dry.

The one Splendide model that is vented still takes time to dry but uses less water (albeit not much) but is a considertion while boondocking.

I was too lazy to see if vented models were made by the other manufacturers. While stationed in Bahrain I had a Haier in my flat and it was okay but no better nor worse than my first motorhomes non vented Splendide. My present motorhome I have a vented Splendide and it works okay. Way better than either the non vented (ventless) Haier or Splendide.

Guess the point I was tryng to make to dozerdean was go vented if going for a combo vice ventless.

Jeff