Water connections

What's the difference in fresh water and city water connections?
I think you might mean the Fresh Water "Tank" in your RV vs the city water connection? You can fill your "Tank" up with city water and use the pump to provide water to your faucets. Or you can use the city water connection to directly send water to your faucets. Normally there is just one water inlet to the RV and a valve that either fills the "Tank" or if turned the other way provided city water directly to your faucets. Hope that is what you were looking for. -Bill