Water Filtration

GraphicQueen

What does everyone use in their RVs for filtering water? We would like something that filters really well overall. Would like to get everyone's opinion and why it is that they like whatever filtration system they are using.

GQ

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: Water Filtration

My Sedona has a filtered water outlet at the sink, but I like to filter the water through a outside filter. We use a carbon type that goes on the end of the hose and attaches to the trailer at the inlet.

TexasClodhopper

We went the plumber's nightmare route. I bought two filter cannisters from Lowes, a carbon filter, a low micron filter, some stubby faucets, a pressure regulator, a pressure gauge, a length of 3/4 PVC pipe, and lots of elbows and tees.

With all of that I put together a pretty nice external filter that fits in one of my bays.

One problem I have is that it is hard to drain the water out of it for storage. Works pretty good, though, and I don't have to worry about sediment building up in my MH, and I keep about 40-45 pounds of pressure on it.

GraphicQueen

RE: Water Filtration

Thanks for all of your replies. Hubby and I have decided to go with a gravity water filter. One never knows when one might need that as opposed to being hooked up to a water supply. Thanks again for your help.

GQ

hertig

I use an inline filter which claims to filter out bacteria on the input. Easy, relatively cheap and keeps the worst crap out of the unit entirely. Then I used to use an undersink purifier for water for human consumption. But even that does not help 'softened' water, so I carry a few gallons of purified water for drinking/medicinal purposes.