Water Heater by-pass

jdub

I just purchased a new WildWood LE 29BHSS travel trailer and am having trouble finding out what exactly this water heater by-pass looks like and where it is located. It was something recommended when purchased and my wife and I ordered it but now I'm having trouble locating it to make sure what we paid for is there. Both my wife and I are new to RVing and this is our first trailer so we are a bit un-educated with this. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

TexasClodhopper

Water Heater by-pass

The hot water heater bypass in my MH is just a valve connected between the input water line and the output water line. This in conjunction with the shutoff valves that are in the lines to the heater "bypass" the water heater. (Its done with TEES and COUPLING and a little MAGIC! :approve: )

hertig

Water Heater by-pass

It should be right next to the water heater, connecting the input and output water lines as TexasClodhopper says.

Ed H.

Water Heater by-pass

The valves and other fittings Texas Clodhopper refers to are at the rear of your water heater, probably inside a cabinet. First, locate the water heater on the outside of your unit. Second, make note of its general location with reference to as many other things as possible(windows, compartments, etc.) Third, go inside and look in the general vicinity of where the water heater is located. You should find a cabinet that is hard to reach, probably with an access cover held in place with screws. (Mine is next to the toilet with the access cover in the floor of the wardrobe above the heater.) You can expect to need a flashlight to see what's in there and a small mirror may help, depending on how your trailer is laid out.