Water Heater

buzzman

When we got our new trailer in march I had never had any thing with a water heater in it before, I'm big time now!My water heater is only gas and I did't know about the 2 way heaters. Has any one tried the replacement electric elaments that I see for about 100 bucks ? Do they work and are they worth it.
BUZZY
PS every time someone replys to a post I get it in my email inbox,how do I stop this?

ARCHER

Water Heater

Buzzy,
Check your profile to make sure you did not request email notice for answers to your posts.
I have heard the "Hot Rod" works pretty good on the hot water tank. I've been thinking of doing the same thing, but have not decided as of yet. I do know if you try to buy a new hot water tank that is electric/lp and you have an RV dealer install it, it is gonna cost you between $400.00 to $800.00 bucks.
Welcome to the forum and good luck. ;) :)

Gary B

Water Heater

HI Buzzy, Archer is right, they work quite well, but you will never pay for it in LP gas savings, the average LP water heater burns up about $.32 worth of LP per day figuring LP a $1.80 per gal. But where they are nice is they cut the recovery time by almost half, running both the electric and LP, the kits are not hard to install, the average handyman can do it in about 2 hrs.. As Archer posted check your profile you must have checked the box to be notified, happy camping. :) :laugh: :cool: :bleh: ;) :approve:
PS there is another after market kit just like the Hott Rod called the Lightning Rod and it generally is about $20.00 less money.

ARCHER

Water Heater

Buzzy, I just posted a new topic and noticed at the botom of the new post form, it has a couple blocks for checking and one of them is "subscribe to this topic"....that box may be check causing you to get notified via email everytime you post new topic.
Just a thought/// ;)

janicenlarry

Water Heater

I bought one thru an add in FMCA magazine and paid about $50. Simple to drain water heater, pull drain plug, insert elec. heater, use an electric tie to snug thermostat up against T & P drain valve and you are in business. Hook up to ext. cord whenever you pull into your site and you are in business. Saves a lot of LP and the need to search for refill. Highly recommend this unit. :laugh: