Water line to ice maker

*scooter*

Dometic Royal (2002)
The water hose from the ice maker to the valve (rear of fridge) needs to be replaced. Any suggestions on how to do this ?, other than pay someone!! Thanks for any help given.

Triple E

Are you able to connect the old tube to the new tube with a tube connector and pull the new one in while pulling out the old one?

cougarkid

Scooter,

Have the same issue on my 98 Overland. Looked at it last night, as a matter of fact.

The old hose is brittle and a piece of crap! Looks like here is a wire running along with the hose, acting as a "heater" to keep it from freezing. My guess is it heated the hose, with no water in it, and dried it out - go figure.

Only soultion I have come up with is to disconnect and pull the frig part way out. Then I can get to the hose at the ice maker.
Gas line and 6 screws for mine to come loose. Beats the cost of taking it to a dealer for repairs!

Fix it yourself if you can.

H2H1

*scooter*;73932 said:
Dometic Royal (2002)
The water hose from the ice maker to the valve (rear of fridge) needs to be replaced. Any suggestions on how to do this ?, other than pay someone!! Thanks for any help given.

hey scooter if you do find a easy way to replace your water line to the ice maker let me know.mine doesn't work anymore, so hoping this will fix it.

Kirk

Hollis,

Which ice maker do you have? I have a service manual for the Norcold that goes in the refrigerator/freezer.

*scooter*

The hose has two wires with it inside a sheath or wrap. I can't separate the hose from the wires. The hose is so brittle it just crumbles. It looks like I'll have to run another hose from the ice maker to the valve, and leave the old one in place. I'm just not too excited about pulling the refer out to access the upper rear (freezer area), cause I don't know where all the nuts and bolts are.

cougarkid

Look up the frig on line and try to find a manual for it with installation instructions.

Mine is a 98 Dometic side by side. I have my manuals (luckily) and it shows 2 screws at the bottom, through the bottom trim. The other 4 screws are hrough the hinges, 2 up and 2 down.

LindaG

I've got a bad ice maker and I think it's the hose going from the fridge to the ice maker. I took a look at it a couple years ago and I couldn't figure out how to replace it easily. Mine has the wires running along it in a sheath. I don need to check to see if the refrigerator water filter needs replaced. If it was just the hose then I might be able to figure it out but I can't figure out how to take the wires off.

H2H1

Mine stopped working last year, paid the tech to repair, he never did. This time he saw it was the ice maker wasn't working, so I bought a new one and now I have plenty of ice,,no cost to put it in.