water pump

audiovince

water pump comes on every few minutes without calling for water. Is there a check valve or something that is faulty?

H2H1

I have been told that if your pump come on at random and you are not needing water, then you have a leak somewhere. Your pump is not suppose to come unless you need water. I hope I worded that right.

LEN

The pumps have a back flow valve that keep pressure up. That valve on does leak back slowly and the pump will give a on time for a couple of seconds. I don't know if the vavle is replaceable or not. I just live with it and turn the pump off when not needed. Sand or calcium build up is the problem.

LEN

vanole

There is a check valve replacement kit. I made that repair two winters ago. The kit was around $15 at an RV store in South Florida. My pump was a Shurflo can't remember model number.

LEN

Never tried it but have heard that a shot of vinegar in the pump, like pumping in anti freeze with clean the valve of corrosion.

LEN

vanole

Len,

I heard that also and and gave it a shot (vinegar) not the good stuff and unfortunately for me it did not work. Heck maybe I should have given it a shot of some rot gut I also had along.

H2H1

well since I do winterize mine by the by pass valve maybe that is keeping it clean. heck who knows, just glad it not malfunctioning. heading out for labor day camping in 3 days.