water pump

drago

We've got a Jayco Eagle SE that I winterized last fall. Today I filled the fresh water holding tank to pump through the system to flush the anti-freeze from the plumbing as I do each spring. Wasn't getting much pressure out of any of the faucets after activating the pump. Went outside and saw the water was flowing OUT of the city water hook-up. I thought I'd try connecting the hose to city hook-up. Plenty of pressure through the faucets. Went back to using the pump and the same scenario happened all over again. Has anyone else experienced this and if so how did you correct it? Any ideas from others would also be great. Thanks.

Gary B

water pump

Hi drago, the city water connection has a check valve in it and apprently it has failed or there maybe something under the valve seat holding it open. For the most part a new city water connection assy is about $10.00 and fairly easy to remove & install. You can try poking a small screwdriver in the inlet very easily to see if you can dislodge whats holding it open, but also check to see that it hasn't failed inside and leaking. Good luck & welcome to the forum. :) :laugh: :cool: :bleh: :approve: