We have arrived

utmtman

We are now in a lil RV park in Marblemount, Washington. I will be going into work at North Cascade National Park come Sunday. While traveling thru Montana, Idaho, and Washington we witnessed some ugly flooding from swollen rivers along the way. Including a 5th wheel in a KOA in Idaho that had water up to the door and rising as we passed by. We also heard on news of roads closing behind us from flooding. We also were lucky to avoid two avalances in the cascades that happened the day before our arrival. They were still cleaning them up as we came thru. Its been one fun and beautiful trip.

H2H1

Re: We have arrived

glad you are OK and that you missed all the rain and flooding

DL Rupper

Good to hear you made it ahead of the flooding. Enjoy your time in Cascade Natl Park. :)

G

good for u Lee ,, hope u enjoy and glad u made it safe ;) :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve:

Steve H

RE: We have arrived

Hello! And Welcome to WA! Marblemount is only about an hour or so from us! Hope you enjoyed the North Cascades highway...beautiful trip! We camp up that way on ocassionin Rockport at Howard Miller Steelhead Park. Raser state park is also nice. Last weekend we had record high temps (90 here) which played havoc with the snow pack. Like you say, lots of fooding and avalanches! A real fluke...back to normal now!

Where are you headed?

LEN

Though I saw you yesterday west of Winthrop!!! I am sitiing in down towm Omak eating breakfast at the motel. We will be heading out this morning on our way to Banff and a week at the condo there. Keep postoing where you are as we may come back over the NCH on our way home to but chances are we will go down through Idaho and I90 back to OLympia.

LEN

utmtman

Im going to be here for 90 days than heading down I 5 thru Oregon and Calif just to go down I5 and see what we can see, do, or visit. lol

DL Rupper

Lee, if you get a chance, check out the coast of Oregon on the way south. Spectacular.

Steve H

utmtman - 5/25/2008 6:54 AM Im going to be here for 90 days

WOW...that's quite the stay in Marblemount! I often ride the bike to Winthrop for a burger then back on Steven's Pass (The Cascade Loop). Might putt through just to say "hello"

Have a great stay!

utmtman

Come on come on Steve. Its a long stay cuz I am volunteering at the North Cascade NP visitor center for the summer. I luv having my camp sites paid for. It do save the money.

Steve H

That's awesome...didn't even know they did that type of thing! Sounds like a great gig! Hope to see you there sometime this summer!