Weak Brakes

tevz32

I have a 2004 Alumascape TT. The brakes have always worked fine, but between a trip to Florida this winter and our first outing this summer something happened. I have almost no brakes even with the controller turned all the way up. I tried pulling with another truck with the same result so the problem is in the trailer. Any help will be appreciated

Kirk

Weak Brakes

If the trailer was stored it might be that you need to pull the wheels and clean and lubricate the brake parts. The magnets could be sticking or there could be a bad connection to the brakes. You can use any 12V battery to supply power to activate them when you get the weeks off.

tevz32

Weak Brakes

Thanks Kirk. You were right. Actually, just continued driving and application of the brakes seemed to loosen them up and now they work good.

nfrihart

RE: Weak Brakes

If you are still having a problem with your brake I would make sure you are getting a good ground, without a good ground a full 12 volts applied to the brakes will not help if there is a poor ground as you have to have a good ground to complete the circuit.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: Weak Brakes

I know the problem has been figured out, but this is what we found in a trailer the other day. The trailer was basicly new, but the brakes would not really help you stop. What we found was a broken wire on the front axle. The brakes were only working on the rear axle. When we doubled the braking capacity, you almost hit your head in the windshield.