Welcome to the Class B Forum

drumpel

Hello::)
This may be one of the first forums on the web dedicated to the class b motorhome. If anybody has any questions regarding class b motorhomes I will do my best to answer them. I can't not speak for other manufacturers of class b's only on our product Pleasure-Way and general questions. I hope I can be of some help, class b motorhomes are a unique section of the RVing lifestyle that is really growing as the needs of RVers are changing.

Cheers
Dean

canvasblue

I currently own a Roadtrek 190 Popular. It just so happens I'm trying to sell it right now, since we are thinking of going full time.
We loved this camper van and hate to have to part with it. I don't believe we could full time in it. If you know of anyone looking for this type van let me know

Thanks
Canvasblue

ms_chile

I might know someone who is interested depending on where you live.

Judy Howle

quote:
I currently own a Roadtrek 190 Popular. It just so happens I'm trying to sell it right now, since we are thinking of going full time.
We loved this camper van and hate to have to part with it. I don't believe we could full time in it. If you know of anyone looking for this type van let me know

Thanks
Canvasblue

twp

what is your aprox.gas milage ?
how much weight can it pull ?

TWP

billhoo

Hey there folks!

I'm developing and interest in getting an RV, but do not know what all the different classes are. (A, B, C).

My needs are just something that I can use for an occasional weekend trip . Total of two to three people. I would need something with a small kitchen, AC, heat and small shower. So what class would fit that requirement?

Anyone have recommendations on what to look for when checking out a used RV? I figure I would look at the engine wear, brakes, tires, milage, leaks in the roof and plumbing, pet odor, etc.

I figure it would be advantageous to draw upon people with experience and road wisdom (also saves me a bit of legwork in research).

-Bill_H

BarneyS

Hi Billhoo,
There are a number of good books published that will help you out in your search for the right RV.
"The Rver's Bible" by Kim & Sunny Baker
"The Complete Idiot's Guide to RVing" by Brent Peterson
"RV Buyers Survival Guide" by Bob Randall
"Your Home on Wheels" by Carol Ray

All these can be found at Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/s...q=1/ref=aps_more_bdgw_b_1/102-9239037-8860936
Hope this helps you out and good luck.
Barney

1997 Sunnybrook 26CKS TT
1999 Dodge Ram 2500 quad cab, short bed, 5.9gas, auto. 3:54
1996 Harley Davidson FLHRI

bum

quote:Originally posted by billhoo

Hey there folks!

I'm developing and interest in getting an RV, but do not know what all the different classes are. (A, B, C).

My needs are just something that I can use for an occasional weekend trip . Total of two to three people. I would need something with a small kitchen, AC, heat and small shower. So what class would fit that requirement?

Anyone have recommendations on what to look for when checking out a used RV? I figure I would look at the engine wear, brakes, tires, milage, leaks in the roof and plumbing, pet odor, etc.

I figure it would be advantageous to draw upon people with experience and road wisdom (also saves me a bit of legwork in research).

-Bill_H

bum

hi bill, might suggest a class b, i have a 2001 pleasureway, excellent quality, has everything you mentioned, easy to drive, park, can use it as a daily driver, various models can handle two to four people, ours is set up for two, mode is luxor td. i can't say enough about it, it is the best rv i have ever owned, and i have, at one time or the other owned them all. don't know your family situation, ours is only the two of us. just got back form las vegas on sunday 9/15/02 drove it 4,900 miles in 12 days, very comfortable, no problems, it was truly the pleasure way to go.

good luck on your search

bum

hertig

Class B = Van Conversion - Generally small, better for going someplace than
staying someplace, Often cramped for more than 2 adults.
Class C = RV built on Van chassis/cab - compromise, economy. Particularly
good for families with small children, due to usual bed over cab.
Class A = RV built on RV/Bus chassis - Generally the largest, most comfortable,
best for long term use by a couple (room for more, but beds other
than master bed tend to convert from sofa and/or dinette).

NJcamper49

I'm also looking to sell my low-mileage Class B -- Pleasure-Way 2003 TS -- Only because my sis and I are camping together now and we are going to use her PW instead of mine. If anyone is interested, let me know. This is a TERRIFIC vehicle and someone is going to get a great vehicle.

I've seen lots of folks on other forums who say they can full time or almost full time in a Class B -- but they are more outdoors types who probably do a lot of sightseeing and hiking, etc -- you have to get out of the vehicle now and again if you are going to spend a lot of time traveling in it. But it does contain everything you need, it is pleasing to the eye, and you can go anywhere in it. I think it also depends on how much time you want to spend with the person/persons you are traveling with. Kind of like that old country song about starting out in the little house where everyone got along and had fun -- but when they moved up to the bigger house they went their separate ways. I realize this thread started many years ago, but if anyone out there is looking or just wants to talk about this, let me know... :blush:

harold45

Think someone needs to get me smart on posting. I posted, but looks like I did it wrong. Started a "new" topic.

janicenlarry

Glad I stumbled across this forum. For the last 4 yrs, I was exclusively in the full timers forum however family circumstances and health dictate that I abandon the great full time life. Rather than vegetate, we have decided to downsize from a Class A to a Class B for occasional trips and have been doing research and talking to people on the road. Our impressions favor the PleasureWay and we would appreciate any comments. Also, for budding full timers, I have a 35' 1999 Winnebago Chieftain for sale and a '99 Jeep Wrangler tow car equipped with towing equipment and aux. brakes also available. If anybody is interested, drop me an email at janlarmil@aol.com for details. This is a great machine and I have full maintenance and repair records available.

Icky

Hi bum, I could use your advice. I am curently trying to decide which small rv (b) to buy. I have it narrowed down to a roadtrek 190 popular, 210 popular, or a pleasureway lexor, all on the chevy 3500 express chasis. Most of the interior mechanicals are the same purchase items from the same manufacturers. Do you have any experience owning any of these models? Any reports that you have heard from other rv'ers as to satisfaction or problems? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Icky

janicenlarry

Icky, In my internet searching I stumbled on an owners forum. Owners generally gave a uniform thumbs up to Pleasureway. Roadtrekers indicated some dissatisfaction. Cant remember the site but I am sure you can find it with a little searching

wardjamesr

Is there anywhere that gives appoximate values for class b motor homes, similar to the Blue Book?

hertig

I've looked up class B's in one of the specialty Blue Books many times. Online, you can look up that info in the NADA guide under motorhomes (www.nadaguides.com).

lgrice

hi there - i intend to drive from new york to san diego this summer with my wife and 2 little kids and was thinking a B class would be perfect. we would stay in hotels along the way but could use the extra space and perhaps the bathroom. what companies rents a nice van for a one way drop off? price not an issue but dont want a big rig - a luxury van would do the trick

janicenlarry

If you are staying in hotels, it might work. Have you thought about the lack of seat belts for the little ones? Course that is a problem in the Class C & A units. We downsized from full timing in a 35' Class A due to health issues and rather than abandon the life style, we bought a Pleasureway Excel TD and just love in for weekend and summer trips. We wil be headed to WA & OR this summer for 7 weeks and we will stay in the unit. Course there are only 2 of us and 2 cats. :laugh: