well its time

its time for my motorhome to get some new rubber. i can see dry rot on the tires now so i don't want to wait for anything to happen. what kind of tires should i look for. the size i got now are lt235/85/16's i got a estimate today on gillete, hancook tires and a price for michelin. the micheling's were 500 bucks more 1400 for the michelin's and 940 for the others. what other types should i look for?

DL Rupper

well its time

Hey jkill2001, I had 2 blowouts (Coopers and Goodyears) on my 5W before switching to Michelins. Havn't had a blowout yet with 2 sets of the Michelins. I change them out every 4 years. I use the type that have 4 steel belts in the tred and a steel belt in the sidewalls (225/75/16E RIB XPS).

ARCHER

well its time

Ya get what ya pay for. I use Michelins on my class a, truck, etc., and have been very pleased with them, even if they did costs more.

ARCHER

well its time

When I bought 4 19 inch tires for my Winnebago from Discount Tire three years ago they were $300.00 each. They had to be special ordered as they don't keep that size in stock. They were original factory size. Maybe I got took. Won't be the first time, or the last. They do rotate and balance the tires at no charge when needed.

DL Rupper

well its time

The Michelins I use on my 5'er (225/75/16Es RIB XPS) run about $200/ea. They are a little pricey, but have 4 steel belts on the tred and 1 steel belt in the sidewall. They are commercial grade for delivery trucks. The Michelins I run on my truck (265/70/17Es) run about $150/195ea at Sam's Club. They balance and rotate them free every 7500 miles.

well its time

well yes it would be for 6 tires.the michelins were 1,401.06 for 6 which comes out to be 233.51 a tire mounted and balanced. the other ones would be 158.05 a tire.

well its time

At our local dealer (independent) the Michelin LTX M/S in a load range E (ten ply rating) would be $185. That is installed and balanced. There is 7% sales tax on top of that. No disposal fee. Keep shopping, the place that quoted you is too high. ;)