What a Life

utmtman

Re: What a Life

Hey DL you gotta buy a kit from a phone company to hook your phone to your pc to transfer pics. I need to do the same thing and its 36 bucks for the kit. Got a pic of my newest grand kiddie on mine and I dont have an internet connection with my phone so cant send it to email.
DL you have fun there in Yellystone.

LEN

You can send Cell Pics to your E-mail and then save them but it is a lot slower than the USB down load. On most cells you need a mem card to store the pics on and then down load as the internal mem on the phone won't allow the down load just an E-mail send. Just put your E-mail address in the cell like a phone # and then when you take a picture, the cell ask what you want to do with the pic just send it to your E-mail addy.

LEN

DL Rupper

Len, thanks for the info. I'll give it a try. Who knows I may not screw it up. I actually spent 20 mins Sat txn with my daughter-in-law.

Lee, be careful with all the snow in the Cascades. They had a news alert on Fox or the weather channel about it last night. All the snow starts to melt under the crust and all of a sudden it decides to come down. I guess the weather god didn't know about Global Warming and he dumped record snow in the Cascades.

Kirk

DL,

If you don't have a hot plan for when you leave West Yellowstone, take that highway on up over Targhee Pass and follow US20 to Island Park, ID. At the south end of Island Park is Harriman State Park/Wildlife Refuge. It is another of those really special places. They don't have any RV sites but you can stay at Henry's Lake SP which is pretty close by. There is a lot to see and do in that area also.

We spent two months or so as live on volunteers at Harriman and that was our base to see Yellowstone to our fill. As I remember we spent about 25 or 30 days in Yellowstone that summer. You can see the Island park area in a couple of days, fairly well.

Kirk

By the way Tex, we are now at Lake Lavon if you get the hankering to stop by and visit! And the beer is cold or coffee could be made fresh and hot.

TexasClodhopper

Dang that sounds good! Our business is back home at the moment and then maybe down to Corpus Christi. Can't tell right now.

Reading DL's posts and yours, Kirk, Sallyberetta and I have had some real serious discussions about chucking it all and going full time. Solutions pending, though.

DL Rupper

Kirk, we stayed at Henry's Lake St Park on our first trip as full-timers in 1995. Great place. When we leave West Yellowstone we are going to Flathead Lake in Poulson, MT to visit my wife's brother. He lives in a log home directly on the lake. Free camping.

Missy

Viola, you guys are real travelers. I have been out and about for 2 mos and love it.

karyljm

Not ready to retire yet, but I sure am getting the bug to travel, and what better way to see our beautiful country.

utmtman

Well gotta luv the travelin high fuel cost or not. Got the next move kinda planned not by choice. My slideout is still leaking and after doing some observations today and yesterday I found the slide to be out of wack. So I have emailed monaco and I am asking them about taking it to oregon in Sept when I leave here. Than we can just travel south into calif and wander over thru nevada back to utah than back south to arizona again.

Shadow

Went on our little two week road trip. And that's what we said every evening sitting under the awning. "What a Life". See some serious down sizing in our future. :approve:

DL Rupper

Just spent a day (yesterday) in Craters of the Moon Natl Monument, ID. It was cold and windy, but the scenery was great. No hookups at campground. Roughing it. Will post pix update to the album.

It only cost $275 in diesel fuel to get from Cody, WY to where we are located today in Nampa, ID. Approximately 600 miles. Highest price paid $4.86/gal. Highest cost of diesel seen on trip was $4.92/gal. Cost of last tank was $148.92 for 31 gallons to fill a little ol pickup truck. :eek: :eek: :eek: :(

elkhartjim

Life is special...ask bro Dave. We've been "camped" on the Guadelupe river the last three days. You should have seen the deer run across the river at dusk. Is there no wonder that if you can you full time? The sunset, the wildlife, the dogs swimming in the river. the great "next door" neighbors. I'm so blessed. I live in the middle of 130 acres and being here is better. Damn, leaving in the morning for 130 acres.

utmtman

Aw yes Jim, the dw told me that yesterday she had black tail deer sitting here in the field beside the rv. Got pics too. Gotta luv it.