what is the best for winter

the blitz

hello there, i live in canada and sometimes, it is very cold during the winter (-10 f) and i would like to know which manufacturer you will recommend me for a guy that wants to live in his trailer during the winter because of my work ????

C Nash

Re: what is the best for winter

Welcome to the forum Marc. You will need to find one that is a four season rv. I know there are some that are made in tour part of the country. Dang, just can't remember the makes now. Most any you find will need some type under pinning in that kind of weather.

C Nash

Marc, you will need something to keep the cold wind from under the rv. Even though the four season rvs will have heated tanks and enclosed underbelly you will need skirting around the rv but that's JMO.

C Nash

try using the search feature in the upper left corner and search for winter camping or under pinning on the forum. There have been several discussions on this subject

Kirk

The leader for cold weather use is without question Teton, built in Casper, WY. But it is also very pricy and heavy because of it's solid construction. The last that I knew, Teton was still the only RV manufacturer that would guarantee that if you keep the inside livable in cold weather, no plumbing will freeze.

Next in order would have to be the Mobile Suites from Doubletree. But like the Teton, it is very expensive and it is heavy. I have heard many good reports from owners of Arctic Fox as one in a lower price range and up your way the Titanium from Triple E also has a good reputation.

There are no inexpensive RVs that withstand cold weather well.

raskal

RE: what is the best for winter

You might also look over the Carriage models. They are certified as full time and four season livable. We have a Cameo that has kept us comfortable near the 0 F range with no issues.

http://www.carriageinc.com/

pipelinegypsy

We have a 2006 Mobile Suite 36TK3 and we also have a 2006 Teton Scottsdale 40XT4. The price is much larger on the teton and we havent noticed a difference between the warmth of the Mobile Suite and the Teton. The Mobile Suite is cheaper than the teton so if money is an issue I would recommend the Mobile Suite for winter use. We hate to be selling our Mobile Suite but our family has grown and we were in need of a two bedroom. Mobile Suite makes a gorgeous trailer and we were able to tow ours with my F-250 so it's not all that heavy. Good luck in choosing a good four season trailer. :)

Gruffy

-10F ...???? ... sounds like a warmer area of Canada. Give us an idea of where you plan to winter. Finding a park that stays open may be a problem.

As nice as the big campers are remember that the various provinces are cracking down on 5ers over 4500kg. You may be required to get a class A licence. For an old guy like me that means annual medical and frequent road tests, plus a lot more $$$ to insure the whole thing.

DL Rupper

Check out Artic Fox, Carriage, HitchHiker, Titanium, Gulfstream, SunnyBrook.