What should I put in my Travel Trailer

pcschrader

Hello fellow Travel Trailer owners. I am now the proud owner of a 2004 Outback 28RS-S TT with all the bells and whistles. I will take delivery in early April. I have never been camping in a travel trailer. I live in Anchorage, Alaska and in the military. We have three children (10 yr old and 2- 6 yr olds) and a west highland terrier. My family and I will be moving (4500 miles) to the east coast this summer and are excited about the adventure. I would like your thoughts from fellow outback owners as to what you think is important to load into my TT before we depart. I plan to learn some of this as I test the TT in May. I also plan on purchasing a Reese HP Dual Cam Sway Control and weight distribuition hitch. I also believe I will purchase the prodigy brake controller. What are important items that you should have on board as we depart on this expedition. Thanks for your input...

3 Kids and a dog
TV 2004 Nissan Armada
TT 2004 Outback Travel Trailer
Reese HP Dual Cam
Prodigy Brake Controller

Kirk

I don't own that trailer, but since no person has yet responded here are a few thoughts.

Be sure that you have a sewer hose of at least a total of 20', a water hose (the white one) of at least 25', and a water pressure regulator. You will need some leveling blocks, wide enough that your tire tread is fully supported. It would be well to have chocks to keep the trailer from moving when unhitched. It may be a good idea to get an extension cord of the type that you shore power cord is. I would also consider some type of surge protection for the RV. A good quality tire guage is needed.

Perhaps this will get the ball rolling. Good luck in your relocation adventure! And a hearty thanks for serving in our country's armed forces, from a Vietnam era vet.

Kirk

I don't own that trailer, but since no person has yet responded here are a few thoughts.

Be sure that you have a sewer hose of at least a total of 20', a water hose (the white one) of at least 25', and a water pressure regulator. You will need some leveling blocks, wide enough that your tire tread is fully supported. It would be well to have chocks to keep the trailer from moving when unhitched. It may be a good idea to get an extension cord of the type that you shore power cord is. I would also consider some type of surge protection for the RV. A good quality tire guage is needed.

Perhaps this will get the ball rolling. Good luck in your relocation adventure! And a hearty thanks for serving in our country's armed forces, from a Vietnam era vet.

C Nash

pcschrader, take puzzles and games to keep the kids busy on those rainy days while camped on the road and don't forget a good first aid kit, flashligts and a tool kit. With Kirk on the thanks for serving our great country in the armed forces and Kirk a special thanks to you and all the forgotten service men and women in the Vietnam "conflict". You are special people.