What To do?

UndecidedX2

We are currently trying to decide whether or not to sell our place and everything that goes with 14 acres and buy a Hitch Hiker 35 ft fifth wheel.

Anyone have any suggestions! :)

C Nash

What To do?

Are you planning on going fulltiming? If so,I would keep the place and try the fulltiming for a year before selling everything. (AJMO)

turnipbwc

What To do?

I agree with Chelse, don't sell until you try it for a year. If you can't afford both then rent a 5er for a few trips to make sure you like it. I sure wouldn't sell the farm just yet.
turnip42

Kirk

What To do?

Let me suggest that you start by reading a few books on the subject of fulltime RV living. I would start with "Full-time RVing" that was written by Jan & Bill Moeller and that is available from the RV.NET site and is published by Trailer Live Press. There are also several other excellent books on how to do what we do.

We really need much more information in order to offer any advice that would be of real value. We are fulltimers who sold the house before we ever lefto for our adventure and who have been very happy with our lifestyle now for five years. But we had more than 30 years of experience with RV travel and we had owned several different types of RV at different times of our lives. If you have never owned an RV, then it would be very foolish to do what you are asking. But if you have a background like ours, then I wonder why you even asked?

turnipbwc

What To do?

UndecidedX2,
I just would like to add that if you do decide to sell your home. I would sell 10 acres and hold on to the other 4. Pick out a level 4 acres next to the road. You never know, you might just want a place to call home even if there is no house on it. You can always park your RV on it if you get tired of being on the road and live in it if you had to. You can always sell the other 4 acres. Makes a lot of good common sense to me.
I own 12 acres with the house, barn and several other buildings and would never sell it all. I would hang on to some just in case. Just my opinion and only my opinion.
Good Luck,
turnip42

What To do?

I would agree with the responses that you have received. If you sell, that is forever. If you like where you live, you could always lease it out as a last resort to selling. I also believe the best idea is to buy a smaller RV and go as often as you can to get a better idea of what full timing is about. I have thought about full timing a lot but I have to have a place to come back to. We are also retired and like a lot of people, have accumulated a lot of items over the years that would be hard to give up, especially family items handed down and hobby items that we collect. We are trying to balance home life and traveling more. So far the home life is the majority of the time. (not always by choice) Whatever the decision, we hope you have a safe and good time rving.