What type of rig do you have?

krenzkes

Hi Gary, we have a 1995 Fleetwood Bounder, 32H with P30, Chev 454. We love the coach and got it used two years ago with 67,000 miles on it. Looking to move up in two or three years to a newer diesel probably around 36-38 ft. We love the layout of the MH and can't wait for our next trip each time we get home from the previous one. We love RV'ing and plan to full time sometime in the future. God bless.

Southstl

We have a Rockwood Travel Trailer with dinnette slide. Just fine for 2 people, but a little small on extrended stays. So..............we are/have been shopping for a larger trailer. I guess we have rhe RV/Camping bug bad. We cannot wait for the next trip, and hate to tear down and head back home. We like our house, we would rather be be out somewhere in our TT.

Bill / N8xv, I looked at your pictures, nice looking rig.

Steve

'01 f250 CC PSD
'00 Rockwood TT
2 minature Dachshunds
http:// www.texasboomers.org

fjohn56

Hello Everyone!! :) I am the proud owner of a 2000 Country Coach Affinity Tag. It is the 42' model, with Bed & Breakfast Slides. :laugh: I have been full-timing with it since delivery in Jan. 2000. :laugh: I have had great fun driving it, and I like all of the amenities that it has. Not too many problems with it, just minor stuff that I fixed myself. :shy:
Exceptional fit and finish.
Just thought I would add my 2 cents worth. Keep RVing!! :bleh:
John

Edited by - fjohn56 on May 24 2002 1:57:23 PM

Gator2

Keygirl, have you picked up your Sunnybrook yet? We're looking hard at the 28 & would be interested in your initial impression, etc.

fjohn56

Hello! :) This is still a good topic! I just thought that i would move it to the top of the list. Maybe more people would see it.

the7ofus

This year we purchases a 28 ft FourWinds Class C. We plan to tow a Plymouth voyager Mini van for the first time this week. I will be using a tow dolly with hydraulic brakes. The reason I chose the tow dolly over a tow bar is I liked the flexibility of being able to tow different vehicles. As a "newbie" to the RV Lifestyle, I gathered as much info from this site and other sources, and hope I made the right decision.

My wife and I started in a tent for six years. when our family quickly grew to 5 children under the age of 8, we knew it was time for some changes.

I would be interested in hearing from RVers with multiple children, tips and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

C Nash

Update- No more Cougar. Now have a 2002 33 ft H/R Vacationer, v10 ford (ouch) two slides with most all the goodies we wanted. So far we love it.

Frenchyk

Let see if we can update this one. Looks good even though its a few months old...

We are trading our 1999 Suburban and 1995 27x Wilderness bunk house for a 2002 Minne Winne 31C with couch dinnette slide.

We camped in England for 4 years came back and took out the camper only to discover that when you have 3 children a travel trailer gets a bit small in rainy weather and the bathroom stops are more frequent.

Also found out the Mrs. refuses to drive and articulated camper--- but will tow a car with a camper? <<<stratches head and wonders off mumbling to himself>>>

Southstl

As of April of this year (2002) we traded in our 27' Rockwood TT for a 32' Montana 5th Wheel, double slide. Our outings were getting longer and longer, and we wanted more room. So we upgraded. Glad we did.

Steve

Gary B

We are thinking about selling our Hide Away slide-in camper for a 24' TT with slide, been looking at a Starcraft 24CKS, kind of like the lay out and construction looks fairly good (don't like a couple of the draws) everything else looks good. And for longer term stays/travels we have the Bounder.

C Nash

Gary, can't believe you are letting all those bashers scare you out of your Bounder :) . I would still like to have a little pop-up for short trips :approve: also be great to tow behind the M/H for the grand kids :laugh:

GaryWT

After all this time, this is still going. Here is my update.

Traded in the 30 foot Sunline after one year. Although we loved it, it was not big enough for the time we spent camping as we had it on a seasonal site.

We just bought a 12 wide by 34 foot Canterbury with a double loft. Many say this is not camping anymore but we still have our firepit, pincin table and outdoor grill.

CampinCrazy

Upgraded last month from a popup to a hybrid. :) Just the right kinda rig for us. Loved the open aired feeling of a popup for camping but wanted to be able to sleep in it without opening up for boondocking and late night campground arrivals. Also wanted to be able to extend our camping season.

jcs

Well, we have bought a new fiver. We now have a Mobile Suites by Doubletree (a Sunnybrook company). Love the unit. Have a nice Jayco for sale now.

John

RicHeaD

We have a 21s Skamper pop-up fully loaded. We'll be using it untill we go full time in 8 more years then switching to a 5th wheel. Can't wait. :cool:

lookn-ahead

Trying to find a used slidein with the bare necessities for my solo trips into western mountains. Can't locate any such creatures on this part of the country and the new slide-in's are too expensive for whimsical use. Would like A/C and bathroom as minimum. Any ideas ?

caroloneil

My husband and I are looking to purchase a 5th wheel. We currently own a Prowler travel trailer. We looked at a Doubletree Mobile Suite. Is there anyone out there that owns one of these and has any feedback on this unit? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Carol O'Neil

retlveit

We bought a 2001 Sea View 31' class A last summer. Made a coast to coast in it w/no problems. We are not full timers so when we returned home there it sat in the driveway, while our cars were racking up over 100,000 each. We thought it made sense to get a 5th wheel and a fairly new pu to tow it, that way we would have our "home away from home" and newer transportation. So, on too Ebay we went, after 900 some hits we got our reserve price (in fact, I wish I had asked more), we delivered it, towing our Jeep, to Southern California that weekend. Drove the Jeep home, looked at traderonline.com and saw the set up we were looking for at a reasonable price (2000 F250, 7.3 and 2001 Alfa Ideal) bought that the following weekend. We haven't had a opportunity to use the 5th yet (next weekend) but are well satisfied w/the truck.