What type of rig do you have?

ccm

I have a 2003 chevy trailblazer with the I6 275HP and i have a 19FT terry travel trailer that #4,150. It pulls that thhing like a dream.

Von

currently we're going with a 2003 nomad 259LT and a 1998 chev 1500 Z71 long wheel base extended cab. it works great for us right now. we are planning to use this set up until we get ready to retire. then we will most likely go with a chev duramax 2500hd or 3500 and a montana, open road,or similar 5th wheel

smiledr

I just bought my new rig yesterday. A 2004 36 ft Pace Arrow with 3 slides. I can't wait for my first trip out!! :laugh:

LeslieE

Hi All,

My husband and I have been rving for 25 years. When we started dating, he had a pop-up tent trailer. When we got married we went on the road fulltime with a Fudge Concession, and bought a 32'TT, then to a 35', then back to a 32', and now we have a 29' Class C, Coachman Leprechaun. It's much to small, but we love traveling in it when we can. We both sell RV's at one of the country's largest RV dealers (he sells towables, and I sell MH). We sold our fudge concession, and decided since we weren't out there with all those wonderful RVers anymore, we might as well sell them. It is a blast. If you ever want some really honest advice or questions answered about RV's, please don't hesitate to contact us, and meanwhile we will continue to live vicariously through all of you until we hit the road fulltime again!!! :) Have fun and be safe.

Leslie (my cell phone) 520-891-7752

frogbert

After borrowing a 1969 Cree the past few years we finally saw the light and purchased a 2004 Dutchmen Sport Lite 26'...so nice, so comfy...gotta just love that new trailer smell.

rlmurraysr59

GaryWT:
We own a '02 Fleetwood Southwind 37U on a Workhorse Chassis with the 8100 GMC engine. We started out tent camping with a motorcycle trailer, moved to our best experience in a '23 Starcraft that never gave us any trouble, then a '97 Holiday Rambler 32' w/one slide. Blew 10 tires in three years, performed numerous repairs myself, including resealing the belly pan which filled up with water and dirt, etc. etc. etc. Got tired of that hassle so traded it on the new motorhome. Jumped right from the frying pan into the fire. This thing should have been painted Lemon yellow. Except for the Workhorse Chassis which hasn't given us any trouble at all.
But Fleetwood takes no responsiblity for the sloppy assembly their factory did.

I even had to climb on the living room slide-out, under the topper, and replace the broken screws in the trim edge. We had a major water leak and found out the screws had been broken off during assembly. And they never used any sealant under the trim.. Trying to contact our selling dealer, Walt Michael's RV Superstore in Belleville, Michigan was a joke. When I contacted Fleetwood they suggested that I contact Walt Michael's. Ever been in a revolving door that doesn't stop. It worked for them until the warranty ran out.

I do have an extended warranty though and have found a great dealer in North Carolina, called Allsports RV in Fayetteville. They have fixed the ice maker and my front airconditioner. The airconditioner didn't work for two years because I couldn't find an airconditioner repair shop for Coleman airconditioners. Even a Coleman dealer refused to work on it because it was on a Southwind motorhome. Didn't say why. Then found out it was the Intellitec Control Unit being affected by a noise from the converter.

I am taking it next week to Terry Labonte Chevrolet in Greensboro, NC to have the dashboard airconditioner fixed. That will mean that in the last five weeks the unit has been in the shop a total of a month.

It would take an hour to type a list of all the items that I have had to fix on this lemon. One problem that I have which I can find no one to fix is my toilet. The waste clogs in the pipe and won't go down. I have to use a commode plunger to flush the toilet. I think even Fleetwood thinks this is funny.

We are planning to buy a new diesel pusher for our next motorhome, but I can guarantee you it won't have a Fleetwood name brand on it.

RonSr

'02 Southwind 37U/Workhorse
'01 GMC Sonoma w/Brake Buddy

ed gilmore

What does everyone stay in while camping? I have a 1997 Coleman Bayport which has a great floor plan. in addition, we have a 2001 30 foot Sunline with the triple bunks in the back and a queen bed up front. It is a great unit.
WE USE A 2007 AMERICAN EAGLE 43' 3 SLIDES ONE BEING FULL WALL SLIDE VERY COMFORTABLE CAME FROM TENT THRU 8 UNITS TO THIS IN 35 YEARS GOOD LUCK

garyo

My wife & I , We just short trip, lakes ,beach, ours is a National Trade winds 1998 A MH. In fact you folks 3 years back help get me the books on this Motor home, Have gone to Texas , Florida , Georgia , Tenn .

Last edited:

Boudreaux

Wife & I recently purchased a '16 Jayco Grey Hawk 29MV. We look forward to seeing things we missed in 12 years of Motorcycle touring covering 38 states .....