Where to buy a Superglide?

bobsals

Hi, anyone know any place online to buy a Pullrite Superglide. We have a local RV Center that is selling the Superglide for over $2100 :dead: . It MUST be avalable somewhere cheaper than that. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks :cool:

Gary B

Hi bobsals, which model are you looking at :question: The 16K should sell for about $1700.00, and the 24K at about $2260.00 and the 12K about $1890.00. The 12K is for the really short trucks, F-150 Supercrew, Toyota Tundra, etc., the 16K is recomended for the short bed reg. trucks. :) :cool: :bleh: :approve:
PS is that an installed price, if it is thats about right.

bobsals

The one I would be interested in is the 16K. I have a F-250 PSD, Superduty Short Box extended cab.

During normal straight ahead driving and normal turning, what would the chances be of a collision between the trailer and the cab if the trailer had a 13" extended pin box? Thanks

bobsals

Gary B,
I should have finished reading your reply. The price of $2100 does not include installation

bobsals

Gary B. I should have finished reading your reply. The price of $2100 does not include installation. :blackeye:

Gary B

Hi again bob, personally I'd go with the exteded pin box, I know of lots of folks towing with SB's and extended pin boxs with no problems. If you really want a slider a Hidden hitch 18K Slider / P/N 50086 would be about $770.00. A Reese Pro series (15K) would be about $335.00 plus $360 for the slider kit. A RBW 15K is about $400.00, it isn't a slider but you can adjust it forward or aft 2" either way, if you want side to side tilt add about $50.00 this is their UHS-88-15 non tilt and UHS-88-15-S for tilt or swivel, RBW also makes the Li'l rocker with a million mile warrenty for about $405.00 (15K), these prices are for the hitchs only no shipping or tax of course. Hope this helps and gives you some ideas. :) :laugh: :bleh: :approve:
PS you can check E-Bay for used hitches there are a few listed, go to http://pages.ebay.com/ebaymotors/index.html? and is the search box type in 5th wheel hitch and they'll come up.

bobsals

Gary B, thanks for the information. I was considering the Hidden Hitch because of the 12" fore and aft slide capability. If it was really needed, the vehicle could be turned at a 90 deg. angle. I have not heard of anyone with experience on the Hidden hitch. Are you familiar with them? I see a lot of rockers have a side to side lock out. Why lock out the side to side tilt? Thanks

TLC4

HI BOB,I HAVE A F-250 CC SB. I PULL A 30FT. FLAGSTAFF WITH THE PULLRITE 16K. THIS HITCH IS FULLY AUTOMATIC NO PIN TO PULL. NO LEVERS. I GIVE 1944.00 FOR EVERYTHING.TRY PPL MOTOR HOMES GOOD PEOPLE TO TALK TO. E-MAIL ME WITH YOUR PHONE#.I WILL CALL YOU BACKTELL YOU MORE HAPPY CAMPING.

hertig

I added the side to side lockout on my Reese 16K. My thinking was this would give me the best of both worlds. As far as I know, the primary benefit of side to side movement is easing hookup if the trailer is not level side to side. I haven't decided yet whether it is better to use the lock while in movement or not, but it does help when removing, re-installing and storing the hitch.

Be careful of the really extended pin boxes. Mine runs into the side rail of the truck before any other part of the trailer is in danger.

If I needed a slider, I'd seriously consider the Pullrite irregardless of the extra cost, due to its automatic operation.