Why, why, why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowbirdInFlight

Are the French Canadians so rude? I swear I have yet to meet one that was actually friendly and nice. :(

And there are a lot of them in Texas RV Resorts. I walk my dogs past their little groups, all talking french, and nod or say hi and they just give you a look and continue talking to each other without acknowledging you even exist! I know I met with this while in Canada (Ontario) however, it really disturbs me to also have to put up with it in the US! :angry:

Well, I take that back I did meet and talk with one gentleman from Manitoba area that was nice. Maybe it's just the French Canadians that are not very friendly. :eek:

ARCHER

Re: Why, why, why?

Hey Snowbird, relax. Just be friendly, hellos, hi's, wave, etc., and let it go. I have met both super nice "French" Canadians and some that are just not as friendly. I try to be as friendly as I can and then I don't worry about it. If you were in one of their campgrounds and it was 75% French Canadians, wouldn't you pehaps lean towards those other 25% maybe? I might, but I'd still be friendly. They are hard to understand and they know that, so they tend to communicate with those that understand them better. Enjoy and relax, life is too short to worry like that......have fun......smile.... :) ;)

SnowbirdInFlight

ARCHER - 3/3/2007 1:03 PM Hey Snowbird, relax. Just be friendly, hellos, hi's, wave, etc., and let it go. I have met both super nice "French" Canadians and some that are just not as friendly. I try to be as friendly as I can and then I don't worry about it. If you were in one of their campgrounds and it was 75% French Canadians, wouldn't you pehaps lean towards those other 25% maybe? I might, but I'd still be friendly. They are hard to understand and they know that, so they tend to communicate with those that understand them better. Enjoy and relax, life is too short to worry like that......have fun......smile.... :) ;)

Not worried, just puzzled. I always try to be friendly to everyone. I don't look down my nose at anyone. I believe everyone is equal. So, I guess it just frustrates me that there are people in this world who think they are better than others. A smile, a wave, a howdy-do goes a long way in promoting your country. Don't they realize they are the bad apple in the basket? I know whether I'm in Canada, Mexico, or the great United States of America, I treat everyone the same. I'm friendly to all even though I may not speak their language.

Maybe my parents just taught me better. Maybe a child of the fifties in the US just learned to be nice to people. **shrugs**. I'll continue to smile, wave, and say howdy-do and ignore the snobs who choose to stick their noses in the air. :)

DL Rupper

RE: Why, why, why?

They flat don't like us and it's too bad the French Canadians don't stay in Canada. Heck even the other Canadians don't like them and they don't like the other Canadians. What do you want, they are French. That says it all. Boycott, boycott, boycott. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :eek: ;) :bleh: :dead:

SnowbirdInFlight

DL Rupper - 3/3/2007 4:09 PM They flat don't like us and it's too bad the French Canadians don't stay in Canada. Heck even the other Canadians don't like them and they don't like the other Canadians. What do you want, they are French. That says it all. Boycott, boycott, boycott. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :eek: ;) :bleh: :dead:

lolcry.gif

Well, actually now that you mention it we did talk to one guy (I forget where) and he was from Manitoba and he told us the french in Ontario and Quebec were the worse, but western Canada have very friendly people. Guess maybe this summer we might just given Manitoba a try and compare.

thtravel.gif

DL Rupper

Golly gosh Snowbird, you are getting really fancy with your icons/emots and rv signiture. I'm jealous. :clown:

utmtman

I have an internet community and my canadian members on more than one occasion have talked about how bad the french canadians can be towards everyone. They are in a world of their own and treat anyone out side that area like garbage.

SnowbirdInFlight

Well, like I said maybe I'll give Manitoba a try this summer and see how well I like it. I did love the terrain for sure. I bears and the moose were great to see also. Who knows, they mahy change my mind about the whole country. ;)

thtravel.gif

seyhey

Hey Snowbird....from BC Canada here...and we dont like the french Canadians too much either...hahaha...anyways try the sunny Okanagan of BC lots'o' lakes..lots 'o'mountains and lots'o'camping...you are welcome here anytime...great camping.... :cool:

C Nash

Met a French Canadian in Alaska while camping in Haines and he and his wife was a blast. Had a great time and he was very friendly. Guess there are some in all nations that ruin our outlook at others. Never really bothers me if others act like they don't want to speak. Don't figure I would care for them anyway :laugh: Plenty of friendly people out there so why worry about the few that are not :)

SnowbirdInFlight

Yep very true. Guess I should look at it this way... they missed out on knowing me, ha-ha. I'm a fun person when you get to know me. ;) Maybe some of them need this sign -
thiamsmiling.gif

s.harrington

Snowbird...you should really go to BC. The people are friendly even if they can't drive like we do. A must if you get there though is to go to Victoria out on the Island and get some Swans oatmeal stout ale.

CliffHay

When referring to the French Canadians.... leave off the Canadians part ...

IT'S THE FRENCH. Whether from Canada, France, or the Louisiana, they're all pretentious and superior.

gnomingroam

I am a Canadian from Ontario who has lived here in the U.S. for the last 20 years. Although I have met a few French-Canadians who were nice as well as friendly and courteous, the majority of the others that I have had contact with are rude and obnoxious...I could fill a few pages with stories of their poor behaviour....from intentionally ignoring you, saying a friendly insult in french thinking you don't understand, to intentional wrong directions. If you don't speak French-Canadian (not French, thats worse than English) they don't want anything to do with you....there have been very few exceptions unfortunately. Many Canadians wish Quebec would separate like they threaten, but their words are always hollow in that respect as they use it as a bagaining chip to get special considerations from the Federal govt.

av8rix2

Why would you judge all of Quebec by a few people? You seem very small-minded to me. I lived in Canada for two years, and I was treated well. I lived in Italy, and I had a blast. I have lived in the the Northeastern US, the Western US, Texas and the South, and I have always found people that I like; and there are always a few that I wouldn't care to have as friends. But I never would judge all of the people in a given area by a few.

gnomingroam

av8rix2: if you read my post above that and I will quote here, "Although I have met a few French-Canadians who were nice as well as friendly and courteous,
the majority of the others that I have had contact with are rude and obnoxious."
and 'I should say that the ones that I refer to are Quebec French-can'

I stated the majority that I have met.....but I guess you just saw what you wanted to.....I lived in Canada for 20 years, served in their military for 10 of those and met many french-canadians who served also and were my friends,,,, their own opinion matched mine. So where did I slam all of Quebecers? As to the feeling of many toward quebecers and separation, study up on Canadian politics. Please read posts with more care before resorting to name-calling due to your own negligent reading.

av8rix2

I came to this web site because I thought is was for RVing subjects. But when someone logs on to complain about others, then I know that I am on the wrong site. When someone complains like this, it says alot more about their character then it could ever say about the ones being complained about.

I know my history. And if weren't for the French, there is a good possibility that the United States of America would be under English rule.

I also know why the French are in Quebec and why others are in Louisiana.

gnomingroam

Even though I have had bad experiences with Qebec French Canadians and I say the latter due to the fact that I have NOT encountered it to any high degree with people from other than that origin, I have not and still continue not to pre-judge anyone, whether by age, race, sex, color, religion or orientation. I lived there from age 11-32 and this issue manifested itself at all ages. I do not know why this occurs, but it does exist. I have tried to find and understand the reason for this as politics doesnt seem to fit....maybe it is routed in Canadian history or maybe it is plain and simple predjudice.

Status
Not open for further replies.