wide bodies

fisheroo

i know that some states and localities have laws against the wide body vehicles. i am curious how extensive the exclusion is? :)

hertig

Re: wide bodies

Varies from state to state, and sometimes by road within state. There are probably sites and books which list all the limitations.

If you are 8' wide, you should be good 'everywhere'. 8 1/2' wide should be good most places.

DL Rupper

RE: wide bodies

I believe the TrailerLife Campground Directory lists State-by-State rules and regulations for lengths of RV's and number of vehicles you are allowed to tow behind your tow vehicle. It might also give Widths and as well. Worth a try.

Grandview Trailer Sa

I believe all interstates allow 8 1/2 wide. If you are in a state that only allows 8 wide, you can travel on and off the interstate for just a few miles.

fisheroo

thanks folks! trailer life did have it. you guys are good! hope you can get your heads thru the door of your rv now! have a great weekend!

DL Rupper

RE: wide bodies

Gee fisheroo, I wondered why my head kept bumping the sides of the RV door. :laugh: Stay tuned, after that we will probably out do ourselves. :clown:

fisheroo

in about three years the wife and i will be full timers. hope to meet you all on the road.

Kirk

All federally funded highways must allow the 102" width and a reasonable access to fuel and services.