Wild Fires in Myrtle Beach

cwishert

I just saw on the news this morning that there are Wild Fires burning in Myrtle Beach. I was shocked. I hope everyone gets out ok and they are able to put them out soon. I know this is not a laughing matter but I could not help but think of Rod when I saw this.

H2H1

Re: Wild Fires in Myrtle Beach

well Carol he is going next month, but will be in a condo :( bless his heart) so maybe the fires aren't in his area :laugh:

H2H1

hey carol I went on the internet and it is in Conway SC. there have been several homes destroyed and thousands of acres burned. So hope and pray that the fire fighters get this under control real quick.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Hollis, a fire may be in Conway, but there is one in North MB at Barefoot landing also. Several homes and businesses destroyed.

cwishert

I did not get to hear all the details but they did specifically mention a resort area of Myrtle Beach and showed pictures of either a hotel or condo or something. They said the fires had jumped the road and were getting very close to some neighborhoods. I really pray that the firefighters are able stop this before too much devastation happens. :disapprove: :(

H2H1

Hey Ken to new reporter only mention Conway, but I am sure that is near MB. SO let just hope that Bro Dave and Ms Jackie are Ok and the the condo Rod is going to will be OK :laugh:

G

well i too am hoping brodave and bunch are ok ,, ,, btw the condo we are staying at is actually in surfside beach ,,, just on the city limits ,, and right beside ,, Ocean Lakes ,,, (now that will be bad for me ,, seeing all the rvs there) ,, well anyway ,, i heard as of 5 pm tonight ,, they had almost all the fire in NMB ,, and the conway area 75% to 80% contained ,, but they still have alot of people housed up in the house of blues ,, and other places ,, it is sad ,,, but i know it was gonna happen ,, they have been so dry there for the last 2 yr's ,, it was bound to happen ,,, but they also said ,, it may have been set ,,, here is the link to MB tv station http://www.wmbfnews.com/global/story.asp?s=10228981
Please ,, all of u ,, think of brodave ,, untill we here more from him :approve: :approve: :approve:

brodavid

Hey everybody, we are fine, so far the fire has been to the west of us, just alot of smoke, and it is a big fire, you can see the glow of it at night and the smoke all day, they closed alot of schools and business, some of the roads are closed. The think it started on Hwy 90 which is just outside of Conway and it cut a four mile wide swath to the intercoastal waterway near Barefoot Landing, in North Myrtle Beach,estimate is over 70 homes destroyed, no injuries. over 25 square Miles has been burnt.
Miss Carol will be safe,
as for Rod...............

Pray for the firefighters, all they are getting is Rest Breaks

Love to all,

brodavid

UPDATE: % of fire contained 50
acres burned 19,600 plus over 31 square miles
heading north right now
wind speed 15 to 25 mph
homes gone 69 estimated
homes damaged 100 +
people affected 2,500
fire companies called in 60

injuries as of 12pm Friday 0

thanks for your prayers,

love to all

GOD BLESS THE FIREFIGHTERS

G

well good for u ,, dave ,, but i feel for the others ,, but like i said before ,, it was bound to happen ,,, even in an ocean area ,, i know on the news they said it was mostly the peat that may have made it so bad ,, but to u ,, glad u are ok ,,, and also to the others ,, i feel for them ,,, as being a FF myself ,, i know the other FF's were only doing their job ,, but they have families too ,, and i know they were thinking of them every minute of that fire ,, and also feeling for the ones ,, that the homes they could not save ,,, it does cross their mind ,, every house that is burnt ,,, means a family without a home ,, i know i feel it everyitme we have a house fire ,,, it's part of the stuff they don't tell u about on the news :approve: :approve:

cwishert

It is very good news to know that there are no injuries as of yet. We pray that it stays that way. We also pray that the firefighters do not get too exhausted which may make injuries more possible. And we pray that the conditions change to help the firefighters get it under control and put out as soon as possible.

brodavid

LAST UPDATE: 76 homes destroyed and Thank God no injuries,
over 20,600 acres burned
now over 80% contained, but wind slowing down

now a new fire in Georgetown county, thank God just a little one at the moment

thanks for the prayers

brodavid

730, only got to 84 today in surfside, a little hotter in north myrtle, also alot smokier,
you will be fine so come on down and enjoy the beach, will try to get with you guys this time and stay out of the hospital.

G

well u bet i am gonna come and see u brodave ,, and i'll even let u buy me dinner ,,, JK if anyone is gonna buy it's me ,,, but i will for sure be in contact with u ,, ;) :) :cool: :approve:
Btw to let u know ,, before ,, and as i was typing this ,, we got paged out on a mutual aide ,, for Severe County ,, they have a wild fire ,, heading for Gatlinburg ,,, and already has destroyed 3 vacation houses ,, moving into Pitman center now ,, at about 30MPH,,, and if not controlled soon ,,, may be in Gatlinburg ,, by the early am ,, i might go if it get's rough enough :cool:

H2H1

Rod , I know you are gone and want get a chance to read this post, but we do wish you and all your volunteers a safe return. Don't let your guard down, take care.
:) :approve: