Wildwood 5th wheels by Forrest River

thumbs

Anyone have any exp with these units? Can you give me any info on these units. I am thinkin about the 27RLSS. Don't know anything about em but may be goin to see one in the mornin. Are they wood or aluminum frame? Any other info appreciated.

Thanks for the help

Gary

Souderton, Pa

cgrmac

Hey Thumbs,
Have you checked Forest River's site at http://www.forestriverinc.com/? There is a downloadable brochure available if you follow the links. It may have the construction info.that you are looking for.
Good Luck

thumbs

cgrmac1

Hey thanks. I was there earlier and was unable to download any info. I tried a couple of times and got nothin.

I was wonderin about the quality of these units, fit finish and construction. Have people had any problems with them. Are they good, bad or indifferent? Do they have heated tanks and is the underbelly covered?

Thanks again for the help

Gary

Souderton, Pa

Txlaurence2

I would say do your homework. We have a 1999 Forest River Wildwood TT (not a 5th wheel). We've had some expensive problems with the trailer, but most recently we've had a problem with the wrong sized tires the trailer came equipped with. Forest River is not standing behind their product.
It is a shame that we pay so much money for a travel trailer and it is made cheaply.
There is also a Trailer Life Website that has a forum where you may be able to find info on the trailer you are looking at. I say investigate, investigate and investigate some more before you buy.
Good Luck.

thumbs

Hey thanks for the heads up. That's a shame. Well I guess the information high way makes manufacturers produce better products and stand behind em or they will be in trouble pretty fast. To many good ones out there to mess around.

Thanks for your honesty

Gary

Gary

Souderton, Pa

jerry fuhrman

The buying public dictates what manufactures build, with cost being such an important factor most mfgrs compete for the consumers business. It is not easy to produce the kind of quality the buyer expects, for the price he is willing to pay. K.Z. Inc. of Shippshawana, Indiana, builds a good quality lower end unit called Sportsman. I've been involved in RV industry for over 35 years. I hope this information helps.

thumbs

Jerry

Thanks, I understand exactly what you are talkin about. As you are aware sometimes even the more expensive units are not built as well as we would hope. I know that some manufacturers build in better quality than others. I am lookin for those manufacturers that are concerned with quality even at the lower prices. Thanks for the tip on the Sportsman. I will check em out.

thanks again

Gary

Gary

Souderton, Pa

Southstl

thumbs, we have a Forest River Product, and have only had minor problems with the unit, and we probaly have 11,000 miles on the thing. Not to start a war of any kind, but when we first bought the unit, we had a lot of problems with the dealer. They were breaking things, busted a hole in the unit, ....well, to many dealer problems to mess with hear. We called and made Forest River aware of the problems, they were ready to drive all the way to Houston, pick the unit up, take it to their factory and repair all the things the "dealer" broke. I really did not see why Forest River wanted to do this, but I had one more option, and the unit was finally repaired. I was very satified with Forest River wanting to help, plus I would buy another unit for them.

I am not saying Forest River makes the best RV there is to buy, and they surely do not make the worst. This is just our experence with them.

Good luck in your shopping. And like Txlaurence2 said......investigate.

Let us know how you make out.

Steve

'01 f250 CC PSD
'00 Rockwood TT
2 minature Dachshunds
http:// www.texasboomers.org