will i be able to to it

lasoyatang

hi
I'm new to towing and need to now if I can tow my 21' kz sportsmen tt. The title says the trailer weight is 4000 pounds. I'm using a 2005 ford f150 5.4 litter with tow package,wight distribution system. We love to go to the white mountains and it has some steep hills. :approve:

lasoyatang

RE: will i be able to tow it

lasoyatang - 9/6/2008 7:37 PM

hi
I'm new to towing and need to now if I can tow my 21' kz sportsmen tt. The title says the trailer weight is 4000 pounds. I'm using a 2005 ford f150 5.4 litter with tow package,wight distribution system. We love to go to the white mountains and it has some steep hills. :approve:

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: will i be able to to it

Hello and welcome.

You will be able to tow that trailer with your truck just fine. I have towed much larger trailers with 5.4 equipped Expedition.

To make sure, look in your owners manual and it will tell you tow ratings.

rlocicero

RE: will i be able to to it

We have a 7200 lb Holiday Rambler and my 2005 5.4 w/3.73 gears pulls it nicely. We towed it to the Adirondacks last year and other than having to downshift a few times made out very well. Ford builds a very tough truck.

hertig

I sat on the freeway for 2 hours while they removed the trailer laying across the road. Big trailer, small tow vehicle, and when they went to go down a hill, the trailer decided to go down first.

Towing is one thing. Stopping is another. Exceeding any weight limit of your truck is a bad idea which may not cause you a problem, but on the other hand, may cause you lots of problems.

Grandview Trailer Sa

John,
The poster has not been here in a while, but he has a 1/2 ton Pick up and is towing a 21' trailer that probably weighs less than 4,000lb. He is using a weight distributing hitch. What else is needed? If he were towing a 30' trailer, it would be a completely different story. He is completely in the ratings of his 1/2 ton truck.

vanole

lasoyatang,

You said White Mountains you from NH?? Former Errol and Salem resident here.

V/R
Jeff