wind deflector, value add??

toby18

Hi, I would like to hear what you folks have found or not found about the benefit or pay back using a wind deflector.. I tow a 30ft fifth wheel, using a 97 GMC dually with 454CI engine and 4.56:1 gears.

C Nash

Hi Toby18,
Not worth it in my opinion but, it depends a lot on the type and profile of the front of your trailer. Speed is the main culprit in gas consumption. 55 and I will not be to far behind but,what's the hurry, slow down and enjoy :)

Chelse L. Nash
fulltimer03@yahoo.com

Butch

Several years ago I read an article in a trucking magazine where a large transport company in the midwest tried various deflectors. No mileage increase was noted in their experiment. Deflectors did raise the slime line proporpionately higher on the trailer. It was felt they served no financial reward purpose except to the fella that sold them. Happy Motoring, Butch - Nancy Lake, Alaska

Southstl

Question?...........Would not the wind deflector cause more down force on the truck? Causing what is know as wind loading? Therefore changing the GVW numbers from what the scales read......Just a question. :)

Steve

'01 f250 CC PSD
'00 Rockwood TT
2 minature Dachshunds
http:// www.texasboomers.org