Window A/C Unit in Trailer?

gthomas

Comparing the prices of a roof-mounted RV air conditioning unit and a regular window A/C unit, I am leaning toward installing a simple window A/C unit in my trailer. However, I am curious if a cheapy window A/C unit can withstand the bouncing, vibration, etc., of a trailer. Anyone have personal experience with this issue?

Thanks in advance,
Greg Thomas

Gary B

Hi Greg, I've seen a number of rv's with a window unit in them, finding a place to install it maybe a challenge, you wouldn't want it sticking out on the road side :eek: . Good luck and welcome to the forum. :) :laugh: :cool: :bleh: :approve:

gthomas

Gary,

Thank you for the response, and for making me welcome in this forum!

Greg

hertig

You wouldn' want it sticking out either side. Front (will get filled with bugs) or back would probably be best

np551

Some years ago we installed a window unit in the rear window of a trailer and it worked fine for the year of so that we used it.

NP

Ed H.

A couple of the clas B motorhome makers use them as standard equipment. The challenge is finding a front or rear location that will permit good air circulation and provide adequate support for the unit. rememer that RV walls are built for light weight with no provisin for extra loads.